PDA

View Full Version : Hmmn, to buy or not to buy that is the question...

miss mopple
02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I have been hankering after a dark den for ages but have been reluctant to invest as the one from the toy library got ripped so I was a bit unsure about the quality and also storage as its bulky even when not up.

Just been browsing SBS catalogue and they do a pop up one that looks pretty good :clapping: Its about the same price as a dark den (alot of money for a pop up tent really :eek: ) but I think I may need one :laughing: Besides, having done my accounts for the year I also need to spend some dosh fast to reduce my tax bill :rolleyes:

Think I may have just talked myself into it :laughing:

little chickee
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Buy - dark dens sound fab:clapping:

mamasheshe
02-03-2010, 05:28 PM
someone here saw a tent that was similar in Argos that looked good to:D

Merry-Minder
02-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Whats a dark den??? -maybe I might 'need' one too :D

PixiePetal
02-03-2010, 06:06 PM
I put a cover over my pop up tent!

Helen Dempster
02-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I too really really want....no, need a dark den! I've been putting it off cos of how much they are, for what they are, but I'm hoping to be able to buy one with my capital grant money (if I get it!) :clapping:

bexcee
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I have a dark den, wouldn't of paid for it but got a grant so it wasn't really my money I was spending! ;)
I have to say that I love it as much as the children! Don't buy the lights from them though as they aren't very good quality, the children can take them apart and they don't last.
Another alternative is to buy some black out material (used for lining curtains) and put in over a table to make your own den for a lot less money, however if you want to spend rather than giving it to the tax man then got for it :clapping:

miffy
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I got a dark den with my Tesco vouchers last year and it's fab. It has a carry case when it's folded up so not too bulky/difficult to store.

I've also heard that tts are making different covers that can be used with the frame which would be great.

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
02-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I got a dark den with my Tesco vouchers last year and it's fab. It has a carry case when it's folded up so not too bulky/difficult to store.

I've also heard that tts are making different covers that can be used with the frame which would be great.

Miffy xx

Yes Miffy TTS have a lovely sea one with lots of fish etc on it. I think we might just need that cover for our dark den (we got ours with funding):D

TammyN
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I too really really want....no, need a dark den! I've been putting it off cos of how much they are, for what they are, but I'm hoping to be able to buy one with my capital grant money (if I get it!) :clapping:

capital grant? please tell me more?
Tammy

suzyblue
03-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Amazon do black out tents for about 20 quid........

loocyloo
03-03-2010, 08:01 AM
:D thats what i'm planning to use my tesco vouchers for this year!!

Playmate
03-03-2010, 08:11 AM
capital grant? please tell me more?
Tammy

Unfortunately not all of us can get capital grant funding, although it is nationwide it is upto local authorities how it is given out. unfortunately in our area CM's don't get a penny and this is much the same for many other LA's. NCMA are still lobbying to get this fairer across the country, however I would assume if you know nothing about it, you are in one of the those areas that CM's are losing out -sorry :(

I to have a wish list as long as your arm (including a dark den!), but it will just have to wait:(

miss mopple
03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Amazon do black out tents for about 20 quid........

have you got one? Are they any good?

TheBTeam
03-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately not all of us can get capital grant funding, although it is nationwide it is upto local authorities how it is given out. unfortunately in our area CM's don't get a penny and this is much the same for many other LA's. NCMA are still lobbying to get this fairer across the country, however I would assume if you know nothing about it, you are in one of the those areas that CM's are losing out -sorry :(

I to have a wish list as long as your arm (including a dark den!), but it will just have to wait:(

Shame isnt it, we get no help whatsoever and yet some areas seem to splash thousands around to one childminder (this is not a dig at anyone who has received it, i am chuffed for you, just gutted that we get nothing!), we dont get anything for free!