PDA

View Full Version : from CM to Ofsted Inspector

Helen Dempster
02-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I was just wondering really, has anyone started off as a Childminder and then decided they wanted to become an Ofsted Inspector, and if they actually did?

If I spent as much time on my paperwork than on stupid questions like the above, I wouldn't be in such a mess! LOL :blush:

caz3007
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
The Inspector I had when I first registered was a childminder previously. Actually she was really nice, she understood how stressed we all get about being inspected and was really helpful, offering little tips etc

Hebs
02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
my inspector had also been a childminder

mummyof3
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
My inspector was previously a childminder too :D

Mouse
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Yes, my inspector was a childminder in a previous life. Also our development worker, who used to be an inspector, start out as a childminder.

Perhaps that's what we should all aim to do. We could change the system from the inside :laughing:

mamasheshe
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
and mine and my dev worker :D

Blaze
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd love to be an OFSTED inspector - at the moment I don't drive - but perhaps in the future?????...I wonder how it would effect my standing on the forum:rolleyes: :D :laughing:

mamasheshe
02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd love to be an OFSTED inspector - at the moment I don't drive - but perhaps in the future?????...I wonder how it would effect my standing on the forum:rolleyes: :D :laughing:

i think we'd be asking LOTS of questions so you'd probably be very popular:D :D

Minstrel
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
My inspector also used to be a CM :laughing:

sandy64
02-03-2010, 05:39 PM
oo that sounds good wonder how you go about it, :laughing:

dlissaman
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Becomming an Ofsted Inspector is my dream job. I did apply for the post whilst studying for my NVQ 3, 6 years ago. Now two early years/education degrees later i am waiting to re-apply, especially after they go out to tender.

miffy
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
I know one inspector who used to be a childminder. I also looked after a child whose mum was an inspector.

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, my inspector was a childminder in a previous life. Also our development worker, who used to be an inspector, start out as a childminder.

Perhaps that's what we should all aim to do. We could change the system from the inside :laughing:

I like this idea! :D

bexcee
02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
I think it's a great idea, my only problem is that I'd miss the children and the close relationship we can build with them. Would surely be less stressful and less paperwork than childminders tho!

WibbleWobble
02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
my dad was a HMI...the pre cursor to ofsted inspectors..

He is now runs the PGCE Art course at Chester Uni. When i told him i was going to be a childminder he tried hard to put me off...all cos of OFSTED...he has words to describe them that cannot be put on t'internet. I think its different for schools and uni though. I have had dealings with OFSTED as i am a school governor. They have always been ok...but i was still messing myself when they came to our school!

My Mrs O who came to me was lovely. She was an ex social worker who knew people i know from social services....we did a bit of gossipping and i really hope she stays on as i have heard she is thinking about taking the voluntary redundancy when the inspections are farmed out.

breezy
02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
my first inspector was previously a childminder and he was great.