PDA

View Full Version : Worried!

Mrs M
15-03-2008, 03:54 PM
I've been registered since January and I've so far had one enquiry. Nothing has come of it as yet because the parents haven't decided whether their daughter will be cared for by grandparents, nursery or a childminder. I have emailed my policies through to her, had a lengthy conversation with her and am now waiting. However, other than that enquiry I've had nothing else. I got speaking with a childminder the other day who told me she'd only had two enquiries in two years! I'm actively advertising/promoting my business by putting flyers through doors, speaking to local mums, attending toddler groups etc. However, Health Visitors, Doctors, Dentists, Schools and Libraries have all refused to help me advertise! I'm just feeling a little disheartened. My house is looking great with a lovely play room and notices all over the place about washing hands etc! I am organised with all my paperwork (thanks so much to Sarah of Knutsford Childminding) and am so eager to start.
Sorry for whinging!!! x

chelle
15-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi, i am in exactly the same boat done every thing that you have done and still waiting :( all i can say is just be patient and it will happen, thats what i keep telling myself any way, good luck and fingers crossed for you!!:) :) .

Noodles
15-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Yep just hang on in there something will come your way in the end. I have had a full time space since November and nothing to fill it. Its always the way once you are full you are always getting calls but then when you need them nothing comes along. Fingers crossed for you:)

Twinkles
15-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Are you sure the other minder is telling the truth ? that she's only had two enquiries in two years !! I find that hard to believe .
Some areas do seem quiet at the moment . Here in Surrey we're as busy as ever , it will happen though , so hold on.
Do you have a little one of your own that you take to toddlers ? If not can you borrow one ? I find I get most work by word of mouth so just getting to know the people that run toddler groups would help.

Pudding Girl
15-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I got my cert in Dec and only just started my first mindees this week, 3 weeks after first enquiry from them. I had nothing for 3 months and now in the last month am getting a good 3 enq a week, I have had enq from gumtree, netmums childcare partnership. Haven't properly advertised yet as was busy with other tuff and not really ready to mind really.

ok have only signed one of those enq up, but not every one of those enq was any good to me so have turned down right away ( too far, not enough hours etc)

It WILL happen!

miffy
15-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Try not to get too disheartened - it may be quiet in your area at the moment or it could be the other cm is trying to put you off who knows

I hope your advertising pays off soon

Miffy xx

sarah707
15-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello Emma! Welcome! :D

A lot of my work has come from the CIS website... have you got a good advert with them? Ring them every week and keep them updated with your vacancies and you will go to the top of the list... that will help get you noticed.

I put a thread on here a while ago with other ideas for advertising, I hope some of them help you!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171

Talk soon :D

Saz
15-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to add to this. Have you got any children at school or pre-school as I have found a lot of enquiries have come from there (parents at the gate, etc). I am not registered yet and only mentioned to one mum at preschool that I am in the process of registering. Now I am constantly being asked by mums I dont even know when will I be registered. So its worth talking to parents at the school gates.

bubbly
15-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I've been trying to fill one of my places since Oct '07 and still haven't managed it :(

Banana
15-03-2008, 09:40 PM
just wanted to say i hope you get an enquiry soon.

i know it can be hard but try to stay positive!!

big hugs

xxx

tinkerbell_85
15-03-2008, 09:44 PM
fingers crossed for you! It will pick up, keep it up.

Gum tree is a really good one to catch parents eyes! just keep re-posting it every couple of days!

Good luck. xxx :thumbsup:

Mollymop
15-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I hope something comes soon ! Fingers crossed. X