PDA

View Full Version : Advertising - lawn signs?

crazyhazy
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Am just sorting out my advertising. I live right next to the primary school so thought about getting posters to put on our fence etc, but have just seen lawn signs on vista print. Has anyone used these, are they good or should I just stick to my original idea of laminating a few A4 size posters instead?

Pudding Girl
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I have one and it's fab :thumbsup: I bought the wire stand to go with it too.

crazyhazy
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I have one and it's fab :thumbsup: I bought the wire stand to go with it too.

Thanks, did you go for the large or small size? How quick was the delivery from vista print? Can't wait to get all my goodies and hopefully get some mindees lined up!

little chickee
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I've got a small one but think i should have gone large!

If you've not used vistaprint before remember to put everything into your account but dont actually order it - in about a week you will get an email offering you them for free just pay postage.

They are ususally quite quick with delivery within 5 days.

Pudding Girl
02-03-2010, 10:08 PM
The large one. I live on a route to local school which is why I got it, not sure if it's ever gotten me business as not all enqs are doable but I like it, looks very welcoming :) Just remember to take it down when it's very windy!!

christine e
03-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Personally I don't like advertising directly from my home as I feel it lets any Tom, Dick or Harry passing by know that I am a childminder you do seem to get some unsavoury looking characters delivering stuff but then I don't live on a road that would benefit from this kind of advertising as we have no passing traffic (end of dead end road).

Cx

hayleychildcare
03-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I got told from inspector about 3 years ago that childminders wernt allowed to advertise outside our homes. I had to take my board down. She wasnt a happy bunny with me. She told me it was a safeguaring issue as it is letting everyone in neighbourhood know where to find little children. I did ask why schools were allowed to have boards up and she ddnt answer me.

I could of had loads of business doing this as i live on a main road with 2 schools and a sure start centre 500m away:angry:

Tinglesnark
03-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I got told from inspector about 3 years ago that childminders wernt allowed to advertise outside our homes. I had to take my board down. She wasnt a happy bunny with me. She told me it was a safeguaring issue as it is letting everyone in neighbourhood know where to find little children. I did ask why schools were allowed to have boards up and she ddnt answer me.

I could of had loads of business doing this as i live on a main road with 2 schools and a sure start centre 500m away:angry:

but surely things like door signs that say "childminder, do not disturb - children sleeping" the vacancy sign i have in my car thats parked on the drive of my house (got from the resource shop) is advertising that there are kids in your home oh! and what what about the great big brass signs that the outstanding cm's get to put at their door?

i wonder what their answer would be to that?

id love a lawn sign but im in a cul de sac and off the beaten track so itd be pointless for me

x

donnawalsh123
03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
im sure you need planning permission for a sign in your garden or any other form of advertising sign these days:angry:

Pudding Girl
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The sign isn't a permanent fixture so no it doesn't need planning permission (someone on a previous discussion about the ins and outs found that out for us).

I have had 2 inspections with my sign outside my door and not a bad thing said about it. I imagine it's personal preference with different inspectors and you can only go by what your own says.

I answer the door with the chain on and wouldn't let anyone I didn't know in the house whilst minding ( and assume that most other CMs would too?) so I don't quite see what the child protection issue is with a sign. Everyone in my street knows I childmind too.

Blaze
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
but surely things like door signs that say "childminder, do not disturb - children sleeping" the vacancy sign i have in my car thats parked on the drive of my house (got from the resource shop) is advertising that there are kids in your home oh! and what what about the great big brass signs that the outstanding cm's get to put at their door?

i wonder what their answer would be to that?

id love a lawn sign but im in a cul de sac and off the beaten track so itd be pointless for me

x

What great big brass signs?:huh:

Tinglesnark
03-03-2010, 01:29 PM
What great big brass signs?:huh:

around here, outstandiing CMs have brass plaques x

Gizmo
03-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I live on the main road and I had A4 laminated ads that I put on the fence with string someone must have came up the road from the pub and ripped them down the string was still attached to fence, hope it hurt their hand :laughing:

Carol M
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Well I would just LOVE a brass door plaque. I would be out there polishing it every saturday morning!!
Only brass plaque I have is one my dh put on side gate which says "BEWARE OF THE WIFE"
Carol:laughing:

babydayz
03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
where do you get the brass plaques from, do Ofsted give you them if you get an outstanding?

bexcee
03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Well I would just LOVE a brass door plaque. I would be out there polishing it every saturday morning!!
Only brass plaque I have is one my dh put on side gate which says "BEWARE OF THE WIFE"
Carol:laughing:

:joker: :ROFL1: :joker:

Trouble
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
where do you get the brass plaques from, do Ofsted give you them if you get an outstanding?

no you get a cup:D :D but you darent use it incase you break it:laughing:

helencart
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I want a brass plaque....where do you get them from? Do ofsted give you them? I didn't get one from ofsted and I got outstanding twice!!!