PDA

View Full Version : help child being manipulative.

shelly03
02-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi ive just started minding and my mindee came from another childminder because the child wasnt happy. the mother told me several reasons one being that the child didnt like her. Ive had the 2 year old for 3 months now and mum said she is happy and settled with me. However this week the lo has been like jekyl and hyde loving me one minute and then telling me that she isnt going to see me again and she doesnt like me. this is the first time she has done this she has been an angel uptil now. I am now worried do i tell her mum about her behaviour or will she just get rid of me like the other childminder. :panic: :panic: :panic:

Im actually a little upset by it as we have become very close.
What would you do???

cuffleygirl
02-03-2010, 01:15 PM
is the childs parents still together?

shelly03
02-03-2010, 01:22 PM
is the childs parents still together?

NO they arent together.

Ripeberry
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Sounds like she is acting out what she has experienced at home :( Don't take it to heart, she is struggling with her feelings and in a way, she is showing you that she feels comfortable with you in that she can show her true feelings.
Just write it up as a 'concern' in your book and mention it to the mum.
Hope it all blows over for you both soon.

shelly03
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Sounds like she is acting out what she has experienced at home :( Don't take it to heart, she is struggling with her feelings and in a way, she is showing you that she feels comfortable with you in that she can show her true feelings.
Just write it up as a 'concern' in your book and mention it to the mum.
Hope it all blows over for you both soon.

Thanks just dont know how to word it to mum as she takes things very literally. I am also worried as she calls me mummy sometimes and she called her mum by my name the other day. Ive got my inspection soon and worried how she is going to behave.