PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Magazines

terrydoo73
02-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I live in Northern Ireland and there are a small selection of good magazines for childminders to cover things like festivals and craft ideas etc. Can anyone recommend good magazines for childminding - I know I might have to subscribe to receive them but want to get the right kind if you know what I mean. I got the Nursery Education Plus magazine for this month and there were some brilliant articles for St David's Day and other festivals but I have found in the past it is a bit hit and miss. I used to get Nursery World through the post but not brilliant for crafts I found more for theory of practice. Any help would be appreciated.

Pudding Girl
02-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I get Creative Minds free through having my insurance with MM and it's excellent, jsut wish it were more often :rolleyes:

Childcare magazine isn't bad, Nursery World has imo gone seriously downhill from when I first started getting it about 8 years ago. I am no longer getting it unless there's something particular I want in it.

sarah707
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I have scholastic nursery ed online which is excellent... Nursery world is ok, it's useful for keeping up to date with information... I love Child Care magazine and the free one with Morton Michel is very good.

I would like to receive the Ncma one but I'm not a member.

Hth :D

bexcee
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I just get the NCMA one which I find good.

jumpinjen
02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I get Nursery world for keeping up to date with things but only because they were offering it at less than half price by then!

I don't rate nursery education plus - I complained to them about their Easter ideas as they were an insult to the Christian celebration of easter and its meaning.

I like EYE but it is quite geared toward nurseries really!

I've not seen childcare!!

jenni:)

miffy
02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
I get Creative Steps (you have to subscribe to this) which is great for crafts in age groups from under 5's to 11 year olds.

Miffy xx