PDA

View Full Version : ofsted first before checks??!

Mollymop
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi everyone,
I had my Pre reg B meeting last night where they give you your ofsted application packs, etc.
A lot of us on the course didn't realise that after all this time (since Sept) that we have to have the pre reg visit before we can send off our forms for our CRb check to be done.
I have been told the average for the crb to be completed is 12 weeks, which is a long way off which I expected but I didn't expect it to take much longer, but now we are told Ofsted have to come first to sign your CBR forms before you can send them off - so I'm not likely to get ofsted round until after xmas:( sometime in january.
If I had known that I would have made sure I was ready a long time before now.
Did everyone else have to do it this way as I thought you could just send the forms off and phone ofsted when you are ready, if you see what i mean, so that the checks are being done straight away.
I have been doing childminding courses since sept and it looks like its going to take alot longer than the 5-6 months we were told at the beginning of the course.

Sandra XXX:)

berkschick
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Sandra,

The way it has worked for me is that I had to go to a breifing session that lasted 2 hours. If we wanted to go ahead with the course, we then had to sign up for the 6 week pre reg course and pay £50. At the first weeks course we were given a pack that contained the OFSTED forms, health decleration forms and CRB check forms. I filled in the Ofsted form and posted it back together with 2 refrences. Sending the refrences off with the form sped the whole process up as I wasnt relaying on OFSTED to write out for them and the post to and fro! Anyway within a week of OFSTED receiving my forms, I had had a phone call from them arranging my visit and the visit was the following week. I also got my health booklet straight to my GP and even though they can post it off for you, I insisted I did it myself so I knew it was done! I also sent that recorded delivery as it cost me £42 to be filled in :eek: OFSTED fill in your CRB forms with you when they visit as they need to see ID to prove you are who you say you are! They then post them to CRB for you. My visit was on 16th November. I had my husbands CRB back last week and mine is at stage 4 out of 5 now although the local police have 60 days to complete stage 4 :panic:

Love

Debbie

SARAHW26
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi Sandra

Thats has happened to me, i started all my courses in July, had my reg visit this week and now have to wait up to 5 months before I can start, due to my husbands checks. If I had known all this before I would have got ofsted out to me months earlier, was hoping to start in January, but not now, never mind, as I have been told, 5 months will fly by. I think the information briefing sessions need to have more detail in them, i have emailed them about this.

sarah

LittleMissSparkles
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
From starting out and sending my forms to my Certificate coming through took nearly 14 weeks, it was worth the wait though, and it was the crb checks that held everything up it takes ages to go to all the different stages xxx

sutherland
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I had my pre-reg and sent off the ofsted forms straight away, filled in the crb forms ready for them to fill in the id when they came out and handed the health dec straight to docs same day I got it. The inspector came out within a week of receiving my application and came back a 2nd time to collect hubbys crb form as it wasnt signed because he had been away. This was all 3weeks ago so if u get ur forms in asap u might get pre-reg inspection b4 xmas. My references got letters within 10 days of my app going in, and my docs have done my form. I called ofsted 2day to see how things were going and she said crbs are taking up to 6 wks at mo. but as my hubby is armed forces also have to wait on ssafa checks too which apparently take ages!!! these are now all i'm waiting on. I would just keep checking on progress so you can chase up docs and references if needed.

Suppose it all depends on which area you are in as to how quick they come out to see you and your own circumstances as to how quick u get registered

Hope it al goes quick for you

Michelle

Mollymop
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the reply everyone.
:)
I'm glad to know its not just our area that does it this way. I just wish they would have told us this in our meetings. Like I said we have been going on these courses since sept and they didn't tell us how this process worked till Monday night when they gave us the forms. I think most of us thought like I did - u know - the CRB forms go off and when they are complete ofsted come out, so it would give us all a few months to get ready. My Pond needs fencing and a new garden gate putting up and a few other things, so I daren't send the forms off just yet. Me and hubby will do all the garden work in the xmas holidays and then I shall send my forms off then. Thanks everyone.
XXXXXXXXX:thumbsup:

deb24
14-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Don't you think it's funny how they don't tell you how long the process takes.I suppose they don't want to put people off.I know the CRB can take a while,but as for everything else why does it take so long.
They say they aim for you to be registerd within 3mths.

angeldelight
14-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Everyone else replied Sandra so I will just say good luck

Angel xx