PDA

View Full Version : working with nursery

moogster1a
02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
re. working in partership with nursery. My mindees nursery is very uncommunicative. If I ask what they're doing in the term, they say they don't have any written planning. Basically, I can't anything written out of them.
I was going to start writing a note of verbal things they'd said to me with date etc., but wondered what else I can do. What info. should I be passing on to them to show I've tried?

sarah707
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM
You should be writing down everything they say... and I tend to write down what the child says they have done at the other setting as well, as evidence of communication.

I look at the wall displays as well and get an idea of what they are doing from that.

One thing I have done is to take a photo of the child's key worker for his visual timetable... that shows working together as well.

Hth :D

moogster1a
02-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks, any idea what I should be telling / writing down for them? I presume it's meant to be 2 way ( though no way at the moment !)

sandy64
02-03-2010, 08:18 AM
hi sarah thats good idea im lucky my lo nursey is very good and gives me planning sheets etc how would you put this in learning journal as a observation? or thats the bit im unsure of any help please:)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I wrote to the nursery and asked for us to work together and if there is no response I have tried and can prove that. I keep copies of the term newsletters.