PDA

View Full Version : CRB question

3 little ducks
15-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Can anyone clear up some confusion for me? How often, ifyouhave to, do we need to have CRB checks done, does my original one from 2003 still count or do i need to have anew one, how much and how do i do it?:confused: Many thanks in advance
Jen x

lizzymoonshine
15-03-2008, 03:35 PM
hi

Do you know, my initial reaction was to say when you have had one done, thats it, but thinking about it i'm not sure now.

I've just got a CM2 form from Ofsted because my partner has moved in, and the disclosure came via them,

sorry i have been no use, but that is a very good question!

i too am now confused :confused:

Trouble
15-03-2008, 03:40 PM
i thought you had to renew then every 3 years but im not sure thats right:idea:

chelle
15-03-2008, 03:47 PM
I dont have a clue but something rings a bell that you have to be checked every so many years like rascal said sorry cant be any help but im sure some one else will let you know :)

sarah707
15-03-2008, 05:51 PM
CRBs are a snapshot of your life on the day they are issued. There is no legal requirement to update them... there is a recommendation that they are recent... but no legal framework of guidance of what 'recent' means, that I am aware of.

Ofsted will tell you if they want you to have a new one I suppose. I never had one until one of the teens in the house hit 16 last year, then Ofsted said they might as well 'do' me at the same time :D

tinkerbell_85
15-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I have an enhanced crb from 2006 when i worked for the NHS but I have been told i need a new one done for starting up childminding. not sure if that helps or not...?

Tinks x

miffy
15-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I have never had a CRB check because I registered such a long time ago they were police checks then

Remains to be seen whether I will have to have a CRB check when EYFS comes in in order to meet the welfare requirements

Miffy xx

chels55
15-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I was told a CRB will cover you for three years, i have had three so far as each school i worked for wanted me to have new one.
I think they cost £30 but have never had to pay myself so not sure

ruby
15-03-2008, 09:37 PM
i am with the cssiw and we have to re-new ours every three years

we had a letter a while ago stating that they will not remind us we have to phone them up 3 months before they need renewing

i have 3 Crb for different things and was under the impression that all C R B had to be renewed every three years.

mine run out in May , phoned this week, forms arrived this morning
the CSSIW pay for our checks

cathy

Mollymop
15-03-2008, 09:41 PM
I am sure our NCMA tutor from our ICP course told us we have to update our crb's every now and again, i can't remember how long, I think it was something like 3 or 5 years, not sure, but I do remember her saying they have to updated.