PDA

View Full Version : Application fee

cuddlybunny38
15-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Just a moan, I paid my application fee of £20 2 weeks ago by transcash at the post office, Well I rang ofsted yesterday and they have no trace of it and told me to go back to post office for a refund( never heard of this but the man on the phone said it was possible and my agreement was with the post office) well....... I went to the post office and as I thought no refund, she said it had been paid to the account on form, so ........will now have to ring ofsted on Mon and sort this out, moan moan moan.:mad:

deeb66
15-03-2008, 01:00 PM
What a pain in the bum!

If you ring Ofsted and they can't locate it it might be becausean error was made on the payment slip in which case they wouldn't necessarily be able to find it!.

Wat you wouldhave to do is go back to the Post Office tell them that the payment has gone astray and that they need to put a 'Forward Trace' on the monies to see exactly where i was paid.

It might be sitting in Ofsted's accounts under a different reference number and the only way to find out is through the Post Office.

Hopefully Ofsted will find it on Monday

cuddlybunny38
15-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks for that dee, it is a pain as apart from that all that i :( am waiting for is the ok from my health checks which are with ofsed doctors then I would be ready but need to sort this out now. Sharon

sarah707
15-03-2008, 05:57 PM
What a nightmare Sharon! I would suggest you talk to someone else at Ofsted on Monday and see if you can get a different answer!

Keep a careful record of what everyone involved has said as well... in case you need to write to anyone :D

miffy
15-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Hope you get it sorted on monday

Miffy xx

Mollymop
15-03-2008, 09:04 PM
What a pain! I hope you manage to get it sorted out ok X

Banana
15-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh for goodeness sake!

if its not one thing... its ofsted! lol

Hope it gets sorted soon

x

deeb66
18-03-2008, 12:57 PM
How did this go?

Have they found the money?

cuddlybunny38
18-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi well I rang on mon at 8am and they said the bit I needed would not be open till 9 so would call me back when they did I couldnt take the call so called them but they where busy, well they did eventually call back and was the smae man as fri and he still seemed dippy but said he had spoke to his higher in comand he he and they said I could send the reciept in where I had paid but I said I would send photo copy as I wanted to keep original incase of any more problems so he said ok, and as they couldnt find the money they would honor the payment for me,( thats nice of them) so am now witing for health checks to come back from ofsted doctors and checks from social services though dont know what these are for. will ring them again this week and see how far along it is.

angeldelight
18-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Glad you got it sorted out in the end

Angel xx

Tily Bud
18-03-2008, 10:39 PM
me too xxx