PDA

View Full Version : Toddler/Infant diarrhoea??

LeanneC
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Evening all

I have a 5 month old mindee in my care since Jan this year, for weeks he has had diarrhoea. Explosive nappies and always needs a change of clothes. I was wondering do babies as young as this suffer from toddler diarrhoea? He has started to be weaned last month at 4 months and is on the hungrier baby milk would this have an affect? he is a very sicky baby anyway but does bring back whole milk feeds quite often. Im really concerned now as I change nappies for him upto 7 or 8 times a day and all dirty. It's really taking up lots of time as I have a another little one also in nappies so with his 4 nappies aswell its a lot through the day so I feel I cant do much in the way of activities. Im always on thne floor changing nappies or bottle feeding. Today I mentioned my concerns to dad and also put a note in his diary for mum, also suggested maybe get stool sample done with GP to make sure its nothing else like allergies etc. Am I going about this in the right manner? He has had time off in the past for sickness and diarrhoea but he was actually ill with it. Im just so fed up of poo :( What would you do ?

little chickee
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Thats a lot of dirty nappies and whereas it could be due to the weaning and hungry milk i definatley think its worth checking with the doctor.

My son was a sicky baby and would also throw up a whole bottle at least once a day but nappies were ok.

I think it just good practice to rule out any allergies or dietery issues.

suzyblue
01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
They could be over feeding him?