PDA

View Full Version : is my parent being unreasonable or am I?

terrydoo73
01-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I am contracted with a little girl from 12 midday to 5 pm. Today I attended a childminding support group meeting at soft play which was on from 10 to 11 am. I thought to myself well the nursery she attends is just across the car park so made mum aware yesterday that I could meet up with gran and take the child from there. Mum rang at 8 am this morning and made an issue out of how short a notice it was etc etc. I agreed to be at my home to receive her at 11.30 am as she had no extended play today which had been cancelled on Friday evening - basically you bide my rules or else!!

Then this evening when she came to collect her child she started again on about it. I tried desperately to point out to her that I don't have her child normally before midday and was only thinking of convenience but she wasn't having any of it. I am fuming, shaking with rage just thinking of how much I felt like a small child being told off. I really feel like telling her to take the child and go elsewhere. Thankfully I only have her until June but cannot wait for it to roll on. Now I know in future not to either say anything and just do it without asking or else just give her 1 weeks notice that I am not available on such and such a day until 12 midday. There is little else I can do now is there?

Minstrel
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
if i've read it right....

you don't need to give her notice that you are not available until 12pm because your contract doesn't start till then anyway.

If she can't be flexible with you then simply say no next time she asks you to be flexible with her.

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 05:30 PM
She is being unreasonable. Who collects the child from nursery? If it's you, then what business is it of the mother's what you do with YOUR time?
It's almost as if she does not want you to have a life of your own and to be available at her beck and call.
Roll on June! :cool:

~Chelle~
01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I would have said to her that in future she needs to give you 4 weeks notice if her daughter has to come to you early and see how she likes that!

What the hell difference does it make if you pick her up from her gran at nursery or if she is dropped at your house. Either way you were doing her a favour by accomodating her daughter earlier than you are contracted to, with only 1 days notice!

Cheeky mare:mad:

Merry-Minder
01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Have I understood this right - you wanted to collect the child 30 mins early for all round convenience?? and the mother is complaining???? why didnt she just say no if it was a problem??
Its the parent thats being unresonable - you havent done anything wrong.

Id be glad to be getting rid of her and would remember not to do her any more favours.xxx

Alibali
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I think you need to speak to her about working in partnership and how that's a 2 way thing! Cheeky woman.

estrelas
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I think you need to speak to her about working in partnership and how that's a 2 way thing! Cheeky woman.

:laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

The Juggler
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
:angry: how dare she. if she'd made such a fuss about your kind offer to pick the child up early, I would never have then agreed to be home to have her early. I'd have told her I won't be home until 12 and she could lump it!

cheeky mare - no more favours for her in future!

Tatjana
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I can't believe her cheek, what on earth is she thinking behaving that way towards you?!:rolleyes:

xx

Tinglesnark
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
how odd?!?!
why on earth is she acting as though you were asking HER to collect the child early? im confused?! what a wierdo!
roll on june!

sunflower
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Sorry im confused...you say mindees contract doesnt start till 12 noon and you offered to collect child early to help everyone...why did you have to be home for 11.30??

you didnt have to get home till 12 noon

You just cant help some parents :panic:

sounds like june cant come soon enough :)

JJAY
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
i wouldn't be available early to someone so unreasonable. i think i'd arrange to get home dot on 12noon on future.

wendywu
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
The contract generally states times and not places.

If its 12o clock then that is what time you had to be avaible to take her. If she wants you to be flexible then she has to be as well.

If she spoke to me like that i would stick to the contract from now to June. Or even if i felt mean enough give notice.:angry: