PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep it all!!!

kitty
15-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Where do you all keep your observations and samples of children's work? I'm getting swamped :panic: with pictures and craft stuff and am not really sure where to put it for Ofsted to see. Also, when the child leaves you do you give it all back to them, just concerned that I'll have nothing left to show Ofsted. Thanks
Elaine
x

crazybones
15-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Where do you all keep your observations and samples of children's work? I'm getting swamped :panic: with pictures and craft stuff and am not really sure where to put it for Ofsted to see. Also, when the child leaves you do you give it all back to them, just concerned that I'll have nothing left to show Ofsted. Thanks
Elaine
x

Take photos of the work then Ofsted can see what you have done, keep some stuff and send some home.

deeb66
15-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I take photo's of the work ad keep a few examples specific to my observation notes.

I have a file for each child where i store all this information wand it becomes a story across the year.

This is exactly what you will be expected to do under EYFS as it will become the childs Learning Journey.

karenjoy
15-03-2008, 04:58 PM
:panic: I had no idea that so much was involed!!!

RedDragon
15-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes, I take photos too and send anything the children make home.

The paperwork seems to overwhelm sometimes - can I put a conservatory down as my expenses (used to be a plastic box but they want so much more now):eek:

Alibali
15-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I do the same as Dee, but I'm glad I only have 3 children on my books, I have photos coming out of my ears. I keep truprint in business myself I think!

Alison:)

sarah707
15-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I keep what I need for the children's learning journeys and photocopy them as evidence for Ofsted... the rest goes home or gets put in the shredder once I've used what I need from it for learning journeys..

I'm a great believer in not duplicating! :D

elaineg
15-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I take photographs of everything the children make, sure they think Im mad everytime they pick up a paintbrush Im taking their picture lol. If you claim for your conservatory Im claiming for my toy room.

love Elaine XXX

miffy
15-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I take photographs of everything the children make, sure they think Im mad everytime they pick up a paintbrush Im taking their picture lol. If you claim for your conservatory Im claiming for my toy room.

love Elaine XXX

I know what you mean but even worse mine sometimes ask me to take their picture if I haven't rushed to get the camera out!

Miffy xx

Banana
15-03-2008, 09:29 PM
send it all home :D

after getting a pic of course!!

i've got too much with what belle brings home from preschool - never mind filling my house with mindees stuff too :panic:

xxx

wendywu
15-03-2008, 09:40 PM
The thing is that they want to take it home as they are proud of it. So take photos of some to keep but not of every single piece of art and craft work and then let the parents put it on their wall.

I have photos displayed that are changing all the time and they are all up there mindees with their Easter hats, or mother days cards etc.:D