PDA

View Full Version : Too many!!!

Minstrel
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I can't believe how many enquiries i have had in the last month or two- it must be around 10 or 12 now! I can't help them out and its driving me mad having to turn away work! I wish I could save them all up and bring them out the hat when I'm low on work.

Does this happen to anyone else? Nothing when you need enquiries and then when you are eventually full, the phone rings off the hook! :rolleyes:

Mollymop
01-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Lucky you!!

It happened to me when I first started minding, I was getting calls all the time and then filled myself up and couldn't do anymore.

What made it worse was that my dd was still only 4 so I could only have 2 under 5.

As soon as she started school and I could have my full rota of 3 under 5's my enquiries calmed right down!! grrr!

it is really slow around here at the moment - so enjoy it -- and get some of the parents to come and move near me!

patevans
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
just after Christmas I was having at least 4-5 a week, since advertising my vacancies a few weeks ago I have had none :rolleyes:

oneofeach
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I've had a loads of calls over the last couple of weeks but I'm more or less full.

I hate turning work down.

Adiamond
01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I wish my phone would ring :( . I haven't had any enquiries that I can do for AGES!!! I really need to fill my vacancies asap, I advertise everywhere I don't know what else to do to get some interest!!!
can I have to phone ringing vibes pleeeaaasssssee?????? :blush: x x x

Minstrel
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Sending enquiry vibes to all those who need them!!! :D

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Minstrel, can I ask, do you live in a city or a town? It's weird how some areas are begging for CMs and other places are quiet :( I've not had a phone call since last June, but plenty of silly requests to collect from schools miles away.

Minstrel
01-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Well I live in a village (actually just between two villages) which only have one primary school each and one nursery and one playgroup between them.

little_gems
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
it always seems that when i need the phone to call it never does then... when i'm full the phone keeps ringing.

I went with out anyone for about 6 months when i can back off maternity leave then my husband was made redundant and joined me and within 5 months we had 12/13 children to look after and was turning people away.

angiemog
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
I have been very lucky, I've pretty much been full ever since I started in May. Today I got notice on one of my mindees :( I called someone that was asking for a space a few weeks ago and I've just had a text from a current mindee's mum to ask if I had a space. Hopefully something will come from one of them. I will be losing a full timer in the summer too so want to keep my income up now..... hope the phone rings for those of you who are waiting. xx