PDA

View Full Version : Odd pence on a bill....

SimplyLucy
01-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Last month a parent paid me by cheque and it was 50p short. I noticed and thought oh well maybe they lost the invoice and couldn't remember the exact amount.

I get payment again today, by cheque and this time 60p is knocked off. :eek:

I checked back and in January 40p was knocked off.

I've just done Aprils invoice for her and at the bottom I've put.

"January 2010 = 40p
February 2010 = 50p
March 2010 = 60p

Please do not knock the odd pence off when paying me, as you'll appreciate it causes complications when doing my paperwork."

Makes you wonder if she goes to Tesco and tells them she isn't paying the odd becuase she like round numbers, wonder if she knocks it off her gas/electric/council tax too??????? :panic:

Jen 10
01-03-2010, 11:27 AM
How cheeky! That would soon mount up. Who would do that!!!?

SimplyLucy
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
How cheeky! That would soon mount up. Who would do that!!!?

I know, it's so strange.

I rung my sister (also a childminder) about it this morning for advice and she nearly wet herself laughing!

All the strange and awkward things happen to me!:rolleyes:

little chickee
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
If she doesnt like paying the pence you should round everything up!! Would be interesting to see if she complains.

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Cheeky moo :rolleyes:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
lol how cheeky is that, let us know what her response is to Aprils invoice!

caz3007
01-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I would make sure that she does pay it, after all over the year it adds up to a few pounds and why shouldnt you have it. Cant you adjust your fees so you dont get the odd. I have had mums in the past who have rounded it up and said, lets call it this each week.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
I have had this a couple of times with cash so now I write on the current months invoice

Invoiced December £500
Paid December £490

the £10 then goes on the next bill

happydays1
01-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi, i have a parent like this, likes to round things, but luckly for me she rounds it up(by £4 a week) When i said to her about it that she was paying too much she said she would rather keep it like this and to treat it as a tip for doing such an excellent job:clapping: Made me feel really proud of myself:)

Mollymop
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I wonder what makes her do this? Is it because she has no change? I can't believe she would think it is ok to keep doing it month after month:eek:
Good job you checked :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
01-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I wonder what makes her do this? Is it because she has no change? I can't believe she would think it is ok to keep doing it month after month:eek:
Good job you checked :thumbsup:

She pays me by cheque so no it's not a case of not having the loose change!:rolleyes:

Tired
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
really odd.

I would understand if she paid by cash, but she has no excuse if she write a cheque. some people do odd things.

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm waiting for my parent's response to her latest bill. She changed lots of hours, extra here and there and her child was off sick but she will still need to pay.
She normally pays by voucher for a set amount and the extra is the biggest bill I've seen for her because this month (March) is 5 weeks long and to top it all she forgot to pay the extra £1.80 from the Feb bill.
That is on it as well , think she thought I would not notice :p

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi, i have a parent like this, likes to round things, but luckly for me she rounds it up(by £4 a week) When i said to her about it that she was paying too much she said she would rather keep it like this and to treat it as a tip for doing such an excellent job:clapping: Made me feel really proud of myself:)

Wow! almost £20 extra as a bonus. What a nice parent :)

ziggy
01-03-2010, 01:16 PM
I have a daddy who quite often misses odd pound or two, so just add it to next bill

kindredspirits
01-03-2010, 01:24 PM
i always round my bills up or down to whole figures as it makes life easier for me - but if i charged £xx.50 i would expect it to be paid.

Mollymop
01-03-2010, 01:26 PM
She pays me by cheque so no it's not a case of not having the loose change!:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: weird!!

caz3007
01-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for my parent's response to her latest bill. She changed lots of hours, extra here and there and her child was off sick but she will still need to pay.
She normally pays by voucher for a set amount and the extra is the biggest bill I've seen for her because this month (March) is 5 weeks long and to top it all she forgot to pay the extra £1.80 from the Feb bill.
That is on it as well , think she thought I would not notice :p

Two of my monthly pay mums commented on the bigger bill this month, but said they were expecting it as a long month, and it balances out with FEbruary being a bit shorter

lupin
01-03-2010, 01:36 PM
loads of people have thing about rounding numbers up.

I tend to do it, but I round it to the next pound and add alittle extra.

If she keeps on doing it,I would just add it to her next invoice... she will undoubtley round that up too... but just add that to her next bill again.... and again and again .... :rolleyes:

PixiePetal
01-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I felt bad invoicing for the long month of March but as I have 2 weeks unpaid for hols in April, it will even out.

I have a mum who pays by voucher and is sometimes a bit over. I write the extra in the back of lo's daily diary and we get even eventually. I owe her £1.50 at the moment :laughing: It's never her owing me though.

bexcee
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
If she doesnt like paying the pence you should round everything up!! Would be interesting to see if she complains.

Good idea :thumbsup:

helenlc
08-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I think they think we wont notice or wont say anything even if we did notice!!

I have a LO who I pick up 4 mornings a week on my way to DDs school and pick her up in the holidays when I dont even need to come out in the car. I also drop her home every evening at 6pm too, when I dont need to.

When she was just doing 3 days, her bill was £**7.50 a week. She would often give me the amount up the nearest 10 and I would give her change - either then and there or the next morning when I had it.

One week, I didnt give it - I just forgot. So the next week, she gave me my money less the £2.50 from the week before. She said Thats cos I didnt get my change last week.:eek: All the running around I do, and she begrudges me £2.50.

I could understand if I did it every week but this was once in 8 mths!!!:eek: