PDA

View Full Version : grr having to close again for 48hrs

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Well i have an unexpected day off today and tomorrow.

Some of you may remeber my thread about a mum dropping off her child and infoming me on the way to her car that he had been sick the night before. Well my daughter spent thurs friday vomiting and now my other daughter spent last night vomiting too.

One set of parents were fine about me havingtoclose for 48hrs but the mother of the child who had been dropped of last week after being sick wasnt very happy with me so i explained that this is what happens when children are dropped off to me within 48hrs of being sick :angry: . Its amazing how quickly her attuide changed.

I felt like telling her that im not very happy that i had to close my buisness for 2 days last week and 2 days this week, thats its not just her children that cant attened my setting and i certainly dont like having to clean up all this vomit and that this all could have been avoided if she had kept her child at home in the first place.

But i didnt!!! :)

Maguiresmonkeys
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Im in the same postion as you......again (think this is the fourth time since Jan) :angry: Its just soooo unfair :( I need the money, im really panicking about all the money i have lost through hardly working this year because of D&S bugs :panic:

Big hugs to you all xx

little chickee
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm afraid i would say something to the parent who brought her child in sick. I would calmly but firmly let her know that it was entirely down to her that you have had to close and how inconvieiant that has been to you and the other parents.

I would want her to apologise not only for the loss of earnings but for making your kids ill. I just would want her to know that the rules are there for a reason and need to be followed.

jaja
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I had to close last week and today i told one parent that i wouldnt take her child if i felt she was ill, then parent then said "at this rate i will get the sack":angry: :angry: her dd fetched it into the house and it passed aorund for the past month nearly and she then gets angry at me, i usually shut for 24 to 48 hours depends on how my children are and if i can isolate them, but her child always comes and she basically lies that she is well when she isnt, its makes me angry cause she canrt see what she is doind, all the children in my care have now had this and me too so am not impressed at all, going to reword my sickness policy....

Hope your dd is feeling better soon, and sending hugs as i know how you feel.xxxx

youarewhatyoueat
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Snap, Before the half term I had a child dropped off for 3 days having been dosed up with calpol to mask the temperature, I was ill for 4 days with my son we both had banging headaches, temperatures and sweating, my husband had to take a day off work to look after us. then over the hols my other children were all poorly.
This morning mindee has again been dropped off with calpol after having a temperature yesterday, we had to come home from the toddler club and she has slept ever since. I've sent a text to mum but surprize no reply yet.
I'm very close to giving up as i've had one mindee move on and another due to go soon. I may give myself the whole summer off and go nannying for a change!!

AliceK
01-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know if it would be acceptable to have a clause put in to our policies saying something along the lines of if these rules are blatantly broken then we may consider terminating care of the child? It seems so unfair that some selfish parents are not only losing us money but making other children including our own and in some cases us as well ill :angry:

xxxxxx

Pudding Girl
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
You can give notice for whatever (or no) reason you like so no need for a clause/contracty bit for this, but yes by all means put it in your sickness policy as a warning :)

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I had a 9 year old mindee tell me that he was sick the day before at 5am and he said that his mum was sending him because she couldn't take more time off.

When I tackled mum about it she said "they gave it to him so they can have him back" and when I explained about my setting contracting it she shrugged her shoulders.

I am now writing a letter outlining my policy and advising that if I have to close due to someone transmitting a bug I am closing and charging the carrier £200 per day. Hopefully that will fix it.

little chickee
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I am now writing a letter outlining my policy and advising that if I have to close due to someone transmitting a bug I am closing and charging the carrier £200 per day. Hopefully that will fix it.

Can you actually do that? what if the parent refuses or argues that it wasnt their fault?

caz3007
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Can you actually do that? what if the parent refuses or argues that it wasnt their fault?

I doubt you would actually be able to make someone pay that amount, but hey it would make Debbie feel better saying it

JJAY
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
It's so annoying. I had a parent actually try to bring a child into my setting who had been sick along the way. She wanted to bring him in to clean him up. How cheeky can you get. Just past your bugs onto everyone while your at it.