PDA

View Full Version : grr some poeple are unbeliveable

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
My daughter went to a birthday party yesterday it was for a child who was 4, so it was mainly children from the pre school there so the kids were aged 3-4.

when we got there this boy ran at my 2yr old daughter and if my friend hadnt of lifted her into the air she would have gone flying! Through out the party this boy was going upto kids and hitting and pushing them over :angry: . I asked my other daughter if she knew the boy and if he went to her nursery, she said yes and that hes always hitting people.

The kids were all sat ina circle for pass the parcel when this boy started punching the boy next to him in the arm (very hard and he was so agressive) i went to go and stop him when mum said his name and said XXX dont do that, say sorry, Well the boy shouted no at her to which she shoock her head and carried on talking to her friend:eek: by this time the boy who had been hit was crying to his mum i went over and expained why he was crying to which she was really greatful.

Myself and a friend who had also seen it sat there in absolute disbelief at the mum. We couldnt believe that she had carried on talking to her friend as if nothing had happened. I would have been mortified if that was my child. :eek:

Lady Haha
01-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Something similar happened to me and mindees over half term. We were at softplay and mindee came and told me that a big girl was at the top hitting people and not letting them go down the slide. To be honest, they are always coming and telling on other kids at softplay so as this one is supervised, I told mindee to tell the lady and thought nothing more of it.

Well, I saw the lady go up into the softplay and two mins later she was back down, looking really shocked and I heard her telling her co worker that the girl was being really horrible and was hitting smaller kids etc and she had asked to her play nicely, to which the girl got right in her face and shouted 'No' at her. She then told the girl that she had to go back to her mum now and calm down but the girl told her she could do what she liked and that she was in charge, not the lady!!!

The co worker pointed the mum out and the first lady went and discreetly told her what had happened, but I did hear her saying 'I was just so shocked at the way she spoke to me!' and mum gets up and stand at bottom of soft play to get daughter out. This takes another five mins as the girl wouldn't come out, but when she did, mum gives her a great big cuddle and starts stroking her face etc!!! They did leave, but I was shocked that she didn't say anything to her daughter about it being unacceptable to hit little kids etc!! And I bet nothing happened after either.

It is shocking, cos like you, if it were my child, I would be horrified and he would be seriously reprimanded for it. As it was, my own son made me so proud because before we left, he went up to the lady and said thank you for helping us.

Mouse
01-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I've found that often parents will ignore the bad behaviour because they can't deal with it. Rather than try to sort it out, they pretend it's not happening.

I had a friend whose son was very similar. He used to be horrible to my son, but his mum would sit there as if nothing was happening. She couldn't control her son, so didn't even try. It was easier for her to ignore his behaviour. I used to sit there waiting for her to say something, then when it was obvious she wasn't going to, I would have to tell her son to stop, move him away etc. She didn't even comment when I did that, just completely blanked it.

I hope your daughter still enjoyed herself.

maryp0ppins
01-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I take my smaller mindee's to a singing/book reading group Monday mornings, The children with me are very well behaved which is brill.
Only there is another CM there with about 3/4 mindee's & two of them are wild.....up down up down, throwing books on the floor, walking (mainly on the kiddies fingers) shouting out when the lady is reading the story book.
The other CM just sit there & one of the other ladies there said wow they are lively little ones (think she was being polite) The CM said yes they are but I'm not bothered they go home at 4.30 the the parents have to put up with them not sleeping!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Not sure why that statement was made & it sound like she couldn't care less if they miss behaved!

I wouldnt go round saying this to people.

caz3007
01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I would be mortified if my own child or a mindie hurt someone deliberately when in my care and they would know I wasnt pleased.

I had a friend whose child slapped mine around the face and the so called friend, said it was cos my child was trying to cuddle hers and didnt tell him off at all. There had been lots of issues and I had put up with them, this was the final straw

doodles
01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I had the same situation last week. On a friday we go to soft play and i had my dd and the little girl i look after. They were playing with another 2 girls, having a lovely time pushing the dollys in the prams when this little boy ran over and smacked my dd cross the back, then got mindee by the t-shirt and flung her on the ground :mad: He then grabbed a dolly from another girl .
The boys mum walked over and said "oh bless him, is he showing the girls who is boss" !!!!!!!!! :censored:
I cant believe she didnt tell him off, no wonder he behaves that way.

AliceK
01-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I had the same situation last week. On a friday we go to soft play and i had my dd and the little girl i look after. They were playing with another 2 girls, having a lovely time pushing the dollys in the prams when this little boy ran over and smacked my dd cross the back, then got mindee by the t-shirt and flung her on the ground :mad: He then grabbed a dolly from another girl .
The boys mum walked over and said "oh bless him, is he showing the girls who is boss" !!!!!!!!! :censored:
I cant believe she didnt tell him off, no wonder he behaves that way.

OMG :eek: . I can't believe that :angry: :angry: :angry:
What on earth will he grow up to be like?

xxxxxxxxx

doodles
01-03-2010, 02:06 PM
OMG :eek: . I can't believe that :angry: :angry: :angry:
What on earth will he grow up to be like?

xxxxxxxxx

Exactly!!! I think she thought it was ok as he was smaller than all the girls! Still doesnt make it ok for him to throw a child on the floor though :angry:

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I took my 18 month old mindee to softplay last week and it was quite early in the morning 9.30am and there were only 4 mums there including myself and two of the mums went and sat down with their coffees at the tables and told their boys X2 to go and play.
It was all going well, until my mindee wanted to climb up the wavy slide.
It was a double slide and we kept to one side and I kept turning mindee round once he had gone a certain height and encouraged him to slide down it.
Anyway, all this time the mums were talking about how important it is to play with kids and to give them attention...blagh...blagh.
Then one of their darlings, decides that he wants to go down the slide that the mindee is on (the other side was free).
I said to him, " Please use the other side, thank you" and he just sat down and slid down it anyway, had to lift mindee up over his head as he went past.
This boy was at least 4yrs old.
Then I could not believe it when he did it another time :mad: The third time I had enough and just told him in my best 'low but boy do I mean it voice'
"Go on that side this time, thank you!" He did so and then mindee wanted to go somewhere else.
The child then spent all his time following me around and said to me "Will you play with me?"
Felt really sad for him, as maybe he was playing with us and was not getting attention from his mum :(