PDA

View Full Version : tonsilitus??

emmadines
01-03-2010, 07:26 AM
hello, one of my mindees are off with tonsilitus today.... do i need something like 42 hours exclusion like4 you do with sickness etc??

hes on antibiotics

Tink
01-03-2010, 07:32 AM
My policy if on antibiotics is 48 hours. That way it's had enough time to get into their system and any reactions they have with the medication can be dealt with by mum.

Pipsqueak
01-03-2010, 08:11 AM
There is no offical exclusion for tonsillitus but it can make the child feel really poorly. Its not always treated with anti'b's. I think if the child is well enough to be back with you - ie join in most things (but they will probably get really tired and grouchy at times) - it might be ok to be controlled with paracetamol and brufen

Grapes are a really good for a sore throat.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
01-03-2010, 09:12 AM
My 2 year old daughter had tonsilitus and it took her nearly 4 weeks to get better, she was really ill from it and ended up in hospital. When she was home all she did wwa sleep allday.

My friends daughter (3yrs old) also had it but you would never of guessed from looking at her she still went to nursery and had loads of energy

I think it all depends on how ill the child is with it, although they do say that it takes 48hrs for the antibiotics to start to work.

Blaze
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
I get it at least 6 times a year - in fact have just got rid off it, after over a month:rolleyes: ...agree with depends (sorry) - there are times I get it that I feel dreadful & others apart from the sore throat I'm fine....you don't always get antibiotics (in the last year my docs have started to swab if I have white spots on the back of my throat - a few times have been told viral, it'll go by itself....this last time, as I say over a month)! My policy on antibiotics is 48 though. I have ended up in hospital a few times with it too - one time, when I was 9 I had all sorts of xrays & scans, as I was so swollen - I looked like I had mumps) & obviously in pain, but still had my voice they thought I had broken my jaw :laughing: HTH:)

Hebs
01-03-2010, 10:03 AM
my son had tonsilitus 19 times in 2 years had to fight to get them removed :rolleyes:

can make them very poorly, if he's on meds i'd wait 48 hours too :thumbsup:

emmadines
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
i get it too, i can sympathise with mindee on how painfull it can be......

i just dont want to chace getting it again! last year it was 3 times year before that only twice!!!

youarewhatyoueat
01-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I do 24 hours if mindee is on antibiotics incase of any reaction, but this is in my policy. You have to go with whatever you have agreed in your policies, but if the child is unable to join in then they are not well enough to be with you.