PDA

View Full Version : How do you label your toys?

devoncm
28-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Im sorting my toys and storage and have so far labelled according to age, but alot of things come under different ages really, im wondering if it would be easier to label what is in the boxes such as games/puzzles, little people/peppa pig etc
How do you all label your stuff, i think im confusing myself?

PixiePetal
28-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I take a photo of what's in the box, or find pic on google images and print with words of what it is. Then laminate and stick to box.:thumbsup:

butterfly
28-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I take a photo of what's in the box, or find pic on google images and print with words of what it is. Then laminate and stick to box.:thumbsup:

That's what I do. Today I've started sorting all the toys upstairs too so everything has it's own box!

Minstrel
28-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Same as above.

Helps with tidying up too and also when i need specific resources for laying out an activity. :)

LittleStar's
28-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Im in the process of doing this too, just have to keep going getting more boxes !!!

I had a few done when I had my inspection and the inspector said she liked it that I had pictures of my actual toys, but suggested I add words!

miss mopple
28-02-2010, 09:41 PM
I label whats in the box.

Have yet to find any way of labels sticking to my trofast boxes though :rolleyes:

sarak31
28-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I have always labelled with pictures where I need to. We have a playroom so I mainly have those open tub storage and stuff on shelves where the children can see what's there and select themselves.

The bits I have got in boxes I'm replacing when they need it with clear boxes - I'm told that Ofsted like them to be clear so that the children can see what's in there and self select resources. So they don't get any labels.

Kes
28-02-2010, 09:51 PM
I labelled my trays the other day using my pogo printer, I took a photo of the toys inside and stuck it on. Just need to do the word labels now.

Mouse
28-02-2010, 10:15 PM
I use clear boxes and no labels.

Twinkles
28-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I label whats in the box.

Have yet to find any way of labels sticking to my trofast boxes though :rolleyes:

The only way I've found with my trofast boxes is to laminate the label and then use sticky velcro. Works a dream and it doesn't matter if 'helpful' toddlers pull it off as it just sticks straight back :thumbsup:

devoncm
01-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks, think ill do that today and get it sorted.

I also keep my toys in the garage so maybe have a picture type book so when children arrive they can choose what they want out

Wendy Woo
01-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I have just orderd my pogp so im going to label all of mine wioth that and make a photo book with bigger photos so they can choose as all my toys r upstairs in spare room and at the moment it is not safe for them to go in that room as it is a JUNK room!!!!!!!!
lol

Chatterbox Childcare
01-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Over the last year I have taken photo's of all my toys as they are played with (we are nearly there as I have often forgotten to do it!) and then I laminate 2 x A5 and stick them on the end and side inside the box.

When they are all finished I am going to make a catalogue of the photo's under heading construction, role play, outdoor play etc and then the little ones can choose without having to go to the garage with them.

maryp0ppins
01-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Clear boxes so dont need labels :)

Blaze
01-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Even with clear boxes you should still use labels - it aids word recognition:)

Ripeberry
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
All the boxes for under 3's are clear. The rest are a mixture with labels and pictures for kids 3yrs and upwards. :thumbsup: I found that little ones have a habit of pulling the labels off anyway and they want to play with what they can 'see and feel'.

MissTinkerbell
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I use clear boxes and no labels.

Same here - that way there's no fussing with reattaching fallen off labels:)

sweets
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
i put photos on my boxes, my DO said i should have words on them too to aid word recognition, but i said no as i only look after preschoolers and they dont need to know that duplo says duplo! They only really need to recognise thier names before starting school, they see words all over, we read lots of books,magazines, they see signposts etc. i personally dont think there is a need to have them on toy boxes.

Jelly Baby
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I used google images and cut and pasted into paint with the words and stuck on..look good!

JJAY
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I use both pictures and words. Helps children to know where things go as well as understand words carry meaning

MarpleJollytots
01-03-2010, 10:59 PM
I label everything !!!!!! I know from working in schools Ofstead like the children to have a 'Print rich' environment.When the children are old enough give them a stack of post it notes and get them to label things,they love it !!!!

Probey9
02-03-2010, 12:02 AM
I have a photo on each box showing whats inside, I also number each box. The children have a scrapbook of photos showing the toys which are each box. The children can then pick which toys they want to play with.

MarpleJollytots
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
That is a GREAT idea !!!!!! I havent got enough room to have all the toys ive got out on display so a scrap book is perfect !!!!! HOW GOOD IS THAT !!! Consider it nicked !!!!:laughing: