PDA

View Full Version : Single buggy recommendations?

Mouse
28-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I have a big single pushchair, an even bigger double pushchair and I'm looking to get something small, lightweight & umbrella folding.

What have you got? WHat would you recommend?

I want something that lies back, has a hood and is lightweight, but not very basic, IYSWIM.

doodles
28-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Mamas and Papas beat buggy. I love mine!!

MacFi
28-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I have a mclaren which is brilliant. Feels sturdy enough to feel safe and open and closes with one hand.
Not too expensive either.

louise
28-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I have just got the Mamas and Papas Beat again. I had it for ds when he was little since then i Toys r us own one (cheapest) and the chicco london. Neither have lasted esp the Chicco the break has completely dropped on it so i can't push it. I have had it 15 months for 9 of those months it was used the max of 3 days and for 6 months its only been used 1 day a week so it really didnt do well. The wheels are hardly worn. So due to this i decided to spend a bit more. I hate the ones that have the clip system to lay it down.
Any way i found the Beat reduced to £75.00 in Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3753842/Trail/searchtext%3EMAMAS+AND+PAPAS+PUSHCHAIRS+AND+CAR+SE ATS+AND+ACCESSORIES.htm
It feels so much better to push, well in the living room.

twinkle3005
28-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I've got the Petite star zia (as well as another 3 singles and a double). It's quite roomy so is ideal for toddlers. It lies back so is suitable for younger babies and folds quite small so fits most car boots. It's light weight and easy to get up and down kerbs. The one and only downside I've found is that it tips easily if you put too much weight on the handles.

sweets
28-02-2010, 09:13 PM
petite star gets my vote :thumbsup: best pram ive had. only downside for me is that the basket is a bit useless!

estrelas
28-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Both my single and double are maclarean and i love them :thumbsup:
I've never used any others tho to be honest so i couldn't recommend whats good or not :)

mamasheshe
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
maclaren triumph :D :D

Jelly Baby
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree with doodles about the M&P beat i have it in black and it's been great..got it for £60 on offer from Argos and has lasted about 3 years now..really impressed..is always up and down and in and out of the boot!