PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

Pudding Girl
15-03-2008, 09:43 AM
What professional magazines do you get?

I have bought a few ChildCare ones ( the one for Childminders) but not sure I actually like it. Might go back to buying Nursery World instead...

What do you get, do you find it useful?

deeb66
15-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I used to buy Professional Childcare every month but I found that sometimes it really wasn't worth it.

I now have a quick browse through it and if I find an article I want then I will buy it.

I have been tempted several times to subscribe to Creative Steps but never seem to get around to it.

I obviously get 'Who Minds?' from NCMA and Surrey Childminding Ass. does a magazine every quarter too.

manjay
15-03-2008, 09:52 AM
I subscribe to Creative Steps, Child Care and Practical Pre school. I do find them really useful but my fave has to be Creative Steps.

I also buy others off the shelf depending on what they have in them, Nursery World, the Scholastic ones - Nursery Ed, Child Ed and Junior ed

My main gripe is that with most of them (not all) is that the majority of articles are geared to English childminders. Just my opinion!

Oh and I hardly ever get time to sit down and read them ;)

amanda xx

sarah707
15-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I buy Nursery World and Child Care... I have just taken the decision to stop Creative Steps because it's a bit more money than I want to spend at the moment.

I sometimes buy EYE and / or Scholastic Nursery Education when I am in town. :D

deeb66
15-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Is EYE any good Sarah?

I have sometimes looked at it but it is quite expensive so put it back on the shelf!

Angela234
15-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I use to have Nursery world but found it more for nursery settings, i am thinking about getting creative steps
Our newsagents don't stock any childcare mags so can't look and see whats in them

Angela

Pudding Girl
16-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I'll have a look for Creative Steps, it's not one I have seen really, I think my WHSMiths does EYE though... ta :)

I didn't like Childcare mag as you say it's all England which is fine, but half the mag is EYFS which we don't do ( thx Sarah!!) up here in Scotland ( or at least not yet anyway!!)