PDA

View Full Version : weekly cash payers

estrelas
28-02-2010, 06:52 PM
ok i document what is paid, but how would it be proved?

I mean i never give reciepts etc should I have?

Do you all give out reciepts etc

Hebs
28-02-2010, 06:53 PM
ok i document what is paid, but how would it be proved?

I mean i never give reciepts etc should I have?

Do you all give out reciepts etc

yes, got self duplicating reciept book from wilkinsons :thumbsup:

sandy64
28-02-2010, 06:55 PM
hi i only give a receipt to one mum who pays me mthly i dont for weekly i asked if they wanted one and they dont, so i just fill in when they pay me.

estrelas
28-02-2010, 06:55 PM
yes, got self duplicating reciept book from wilkinsons :thumbsup:

Poo, ok so i'll do that from now.

What about proving last years tho? I mean if it ever came to it?

sarah707
28-02-2010, 06:58 PM
You prove how much you are paid because it is on your accounts paperwork, invoices and that all links up with your attendance register and contracts.

methinks you are worrying too much xx

georgie456
28-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't give out receipts. I just have the parent sign my payment record (I use the ncma one that is in the accounts book) As Sarah said, this all corresponds with my attendance records and accounts.

estrelas
28-02-2010, 07:12 PM
You prove how much you are paid because it is on your accounts paperwork, invoices and that all links up with your attendance register and contracts.

methinks you are worrying too much xx

As usual,
i've been doing accounts for last 5 hours my ikkle brain is fried :laughing:

Winnie
28-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I give out invoices to everyone- but i must say that i get through a lot of paper doing the weekly payers bills :(

Hebs
28-02-2010, 07:30 PM
i dont do invoices

one mum has to have reciepts for childcare so she can give it to student loans place, so i write the others out at the same time

singlewiththree
28-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't do receipts or invoices but I do send out a monthly statement for the DD payers. I do have one annoying parent though who is supposed to pay at the start of the week but doesn't then Friday comes and she conveniently forgets and then the following week I get it on the Friday 2 weeks in arrears :angry:

jelly15
28-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I do have one annoying parent though who is supposed to pay at the start of the week but doesn't then Friday comes and she conveniently forgets and then the following week I get it on the Friday 2 weeks in arrears :angry:

I had similar but scince I insisted on her going home to collect the money she "had left on the kitchen table" and paying me on the last day of the week it was due (even though she signed contract payment in advance)
she has never forgotton scince.

I do give out invoices and have parents sign the NCMA accounts book. If they want proof they can bring their invoice and I sign and date it paid.

happydays1
01-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi, sorry to interupt but im sure i read somewhere that we have to provide reciepts with at least our name and address on, i think it was something to do with tax, please correct me if i am wrong:blush: :) :)

ziggy
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a parent who pays cash weekly, she just signs accounts book. Should i be giving receipt as well?

patevans
01-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I only write receipts for cash, not sure if I am right or not :rolleyes: I write payment for invoice number 10 for example so it all links up to each invoice!

tashaleee
01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
If you use an NCMA contract then on page 3 (k) it states the childminder agrees to 'issue a receipt for payments received'

youarewhatyoueat
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
The people paying in cash should be asking for a receipt if they want one as proof that they have paid. As for proving your accounts all money received should correspond to your attendance records.
I always write receipts but thats how I keep track of my earnings and at the end of the year all I have to do is transfer the payments for my accounts, takes me about an hour and its done.

AliceK
01-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I do invoices for everyone, it's like a polite way of me saying, "here, pay me" :laughing: .

Two lots of parents pay me in cash every week and another parent pays me monthly with childcare vouchers. I don't give out any receipts although I would do if anyone wanted one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Juggler
01-03-2010, 02:08 PM
If you use an NCMA contract then on page 3 (k) it states the childminder agrees to 'issue a receipt for payments received'

if a parent wanted receipts, I would agree but no-one ever has.

Minstrel
01-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I do invoices for everyone, it's like a polite way of me saying, "here, pay me" :laughing: .

Two lots of parents pay me in cash every week and another parent pays me monthly with childcare vouchers. I don't give out any receipts although I would do if anyone wanted one.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is me too! :thumbsup:

shellib
22-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I use the NCMA receipt book @the moment but will be getting paid with vouchers soon, sending invoices is a good idea :)

auntym
22-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I put my childrens hours down that they attend a week, on a monthly sheet and write the amount ive recd each week at the bottom, parent signs it once a month so if ever reqd its there.
I have 2 parents that pay cash, i rang tax office and said im worried as get paid cash so i use that for shopping etc, my day to day living so dosnt go in bank, so in effect will have more money going thru books than going in bank, she said not to worry its when theres more money going in bank than books that they question it
so im not bothered now