PDA

View Full Version : How do you find the time ?????????

Gizmo
27-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I know a lot of you work, run a house and study. I am just starting a study at home course with a monthly meeting (Scottish Scheme of Excellence)
How do you fit it all in, there is a fair bit of work involved with this course and I really want to do it but worried I will get swamped and not have the time to do it.

babs
27-02-2010, 08:46 PM
planning your time well helps.... at the moment i cm during day ,doin nvq and on part time course at college 2 nights aweek , also do bookeeping and accounts for hubbys firm .... just have to make sure your keep on top of it otherwise if like me, u end up working a few weekends on paperwork...

TammyN
27-02-2010, 08:47 PM
im at uni one night a week, i study one night in the week when the kids have gone to bed and try to get half a day over the weekend while oh takes them out or ocupys them in another room! one night on cm paper work and then 2 nights and one weekend day with my family. it is hard and tyring but worth it next year when i graduate :) time management is the key:idea: good luck xx

Alibali
28-02-2010, 06:06 PM
When I did my degree I had 3 under 18 months and they all slept for 2 hours after lunch:D That's when I did my course work, don't know how I'd fit it in now, I have some that don't sleep now:(

little chickee
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I want to do the scheme of excellence too but keep putting it off as i'm not sure i can fit it all in. Its all about time management isnt it and i'm just not very good at that!!

sarah707
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
When I do courses I try and diary time at least one evening a week plus a chunk at the weekend.

It can be hard but the alternative is not sleeping :eek: :D

jumpinjen
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm afraid I'm not that disciplined.... i leave it long enough so that I know I HAVE to do it or I won't get it in on time then go for it big style.... often all night (at the weekend!!!) and very early morning on weekdays... I am motivated then and it gets done.... not the recommended approach but it works for me!!!!

jenni

manjay
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm afraid I'm not that disciplined.... i leave it long enough so that I know I HAVE to do it or I won't get it in on time then go for it big style.... often all night (at the weekend!!!) and very early morning on weekdays... I am motivated then and it gets done.... not the recommended approach but it works for me!!!!

jenni

I am kind of realising that is my style too:blush: . I try to be organised and I suppose I am in everything else. I have 3 children of my own. Hubby works away for 3 weeks at a time and I am juggling 12 mindees but I get 2 mornings a week when all 3 preschoolers are at playgroup together and I have managed to work my Fridays so that I only do after school care. I just keep trying to focus on the end goal as I think I will look quite fetching in a cap and gown:D

jumpinjen
01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I just keep trying to focus on the end goal as I think I will look quite fetching in a cap and gown:D

Are you doing a degree? Which one?

jenni:)

Pipsqueak
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM

jenni

ditto- I am a last minute gal too. I must admit though that the not sleeping generally happens. lord knows how I am getting the grades that I am doing but its enough to take me onto the third year. Makes me wonder why I thought doing a degree was a good idea!!! lol

i must admit i struggle to fit it all in at times, i do support and vacancy, drop ins, activity planning for group, ECaT lead, and CM rep for the area and a bit of shadow tutoring oh and a spot of childminding somewhere along the lines lol plus being a mum - phew i am shattered just typing all that.:D

manjay
01-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Are you doing a degree? Which one?

jenni:)

I am doing the Fd in The Learning and Development of Babies and Young Children and then will top that up to the full degree. I even get to graduate twice which I think is a bit mad (assuming I pass of course!!!)