PDA

View Full Version : ethnic basket

thinkfun
27-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy around flattish ethnic basket similarly to the one below from on the high street?

http://www.ethnicsupplies.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?Product_ID=376

sandy64
27-02-2010, 07:38 PM
have you tryed local asian shops they may i no here they sell lots of assesories/material very cheap. ebay? are you going to make a ethnic treasury basket? what would you put in it id be interested to no sounds good thats if you wouldnt mind sharing:blush:

zillervalley
27-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy around flattish ethnic basket similarly to the one below from on the high street?

http://www.ethnicsupplies.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?Product_ID=376

sorry couldnt open this link to have a look

beccas
27-02-2010, 07:51 PM
i know local asian shops sell flat baskets but they are for chappits to sit on so dont really have sides i am going in to birmingham tomorrow shopping in the asian clothing area will have alook for you to see what they got if you want.

do you want one with little sides and what do you want to use it for so i know what tolook for.

thinkfun
27-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I live in a rural village and we don’t have any asian shop of any kind around here. It’s the shape and style of the basket I like, for some reason I can’t paste the picture. The basket is round with a flat bottom and rounded low sides, hand woven with natural coloured pattern, African in style. Not very good at describing things. It’s more like a shallow bowl. Would like to use it as a point of interest where I could group collection of object linked to a theme or event. Idea came from Sarah’s book on baskets and bags.I saw one for sale a few weeks ago on line from a early years supplier but I can’t find it now, I know they also sold zulu bags.

sandy64
27-02-2010, 08:19 PM
hi i can open link

beccas
27-02-2010, 08:25 PM
ok will look for you i can open link they will be cheaper in asian shops couple of pound and posting cant be that much i willhavea look for you if you want

thinkfun
27-02-2010, 08:35 PM
That would be great. I do wish I lived in the city sometimes, it would make life so much easier.

beccas
27-02-2010, 08:47 PM
i dont live in birmingham i live in rotherham and i and visiting my sil and we will be clothes shoppingin that area.