PDA

View Full Version : READY BEDS

MarpleJollytots
27-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere that does ready beds for children 6 MONTH + Most i have seen start at 12 months and cost a fortune.Any companies that supply to Nurserys,Childminders etc or internet or high street shops ? Is a single bed with childrens matters (breathable)and a bed guard ok for an 11 month old if they are at the bottom of the bed so cant slip down o.k ? and bed guard at bottom too. I know someone who does this and Ofstead said it was fine but im not sure ???????? Hence in search of pop up or ready beds for little ones.Got cot bed that is suitable from birth but have another baby poss starting as me and hubby work together.Havent got room for two travel cots so wanted pop up or something ?????????????? Any value for money suggestions would be great or anyone got one for sale ??

singlewiththree
27-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I use a travel cot for under 2 years and use a sleeping bag if possible. I have ready beds but usually find the over 2''s don't want to nap except by accident in the buggy.

MarpleJollytots
27-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks Paula. I will be having a 7 month old and an 11 month old.The 7 month old in the travel cot and looking for a ready bed or pop up for the eleven month old,someone suggested i use my single bed with a bed guard but i dont think im happy with that.Maybe 18 months - 2years old but not 11 months. We could just get another travel cot but it will take up too much room having two up especially if i get more mindees.Ive seen loads of pop ups but non suitable for under 12 months so i was hoping someone on here could help.We had loads of them at the Nursery i used to work at but i dont know where they got them from and the Nursery has closed down now so i cant even ring and ask.:)

babs
27-02-2010, 06:09 PM
argo's do blow up ready beds if thats any help round £30 i think... i got one off local flea market for £2.50 couple of weeks back got spide man on it but u can get plain ones too...

dobby
27-02-2010, 06:20 PM
why not try on of the pop up travel cots sold by amazon or kiddicare? They go up to 18mths so you could use that for the 7mth old and normal travel cot for 11mth old? They have smaller dimensions so would be able to fit both in.

Failing that, if safe to do so I would look at sleep mat on the floor, like nurserys do

Tracee
27-02-2010, 06:27 PM
how about a bean bag?..my friend uses these,and swears by them,and the little ones "snuggle" into them,so extremely safe.

patevans
27-02-2010, 06:44 PM
how about a bean bag?..my friend uses these,and swears by them,and the little ones "snuggle" into them,so extremely safe.

One of my little ones sleeps on a bean bag, he turns onto he side snugs in and nods off within minutes :thumbsup:

marzi
27-02-2010, 08:52 PM
One of my little ones sleeps on a bean bag, he turns onto he side snugs in and nods off within minutes :thumbsup:

Is that ok with Ofsted??? I planned on having bean bags in my playroom as they're better than sofas and chairs and at least if you jump on it there are no hard bits but someone told me that Ofsted don't like you letting children sleep on bean bags. If its ok with them it'd make my life easier.

It's a small world
27-02-2010, 08:56 PM

i use bean bags my lo's mould into them and sleep for ages as sooo snug (have to get another one now as hoping to have another mindee starting next week :clapping:

MarpleJollytots
27-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Thankyou all i will check Amazon and google beanbags for children xxx :)

francinejayne
27-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Is there no risk that a little one could suffocate in a bean bag if they snuggled in too much?

crazyhazy
27-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Is there no risk that a little one could suffocate in a bean bag if they snuggled in too much?

I'm pretty sure bean bags aren't recommended for young babies/children, I certainly wouldn't have let either of my two nap on one. My youngest is 17m and has napped in her sisters ready bed at mils house a few times since she turned one, so if the baby is 11m I would have thought a normal ready bed would have been ok. You can get pop up travel cots though, so that might be another option for you if space is an issue, look at the little arc ones should find them on the mothercare website.