PDA

View Full Version : Well thats my first week of childminding done and....

Daddy Day Care
26-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT :) :)

Ok so it wasnt a full week, it was only 2 days but still I thoguht it was fantastic. it does help that both mum and little one are both brilliant and really nice (even if she is constantlylate already lol).

Its gone better than i could ever of imagained,such a happy little boy, the only small problem is absolutley everything goes straight in his mouth.

Was at tots yesterday and he was playing with the plastic kitchen food, every single item in his mouth and I noticed him chewing. Ran to him and he had chewed through the grapes and had a mouthfull od plastic :eek: scooped it all out (he didnt like that) and everything was fine. Really gotta watch him tho he crawls around the floor looking for little bits of dirt, or fluff that he can pick up and eat.

Did have another enquiry yesterday, unfortunately couldnt do it as baby isonly 3 months old and with Bobby only 4 months I had to say no.

Also had the lady who interviewed mefor the paper ring again yesterday, just wanting to know if i had any response. She semeed genuinely thrilled that I ahd got a mindee through the article and said they may do a follow up article. Whilst she wa son the phone she asked me some questions relating to politics, Raelly wasnt sure of my answers, was just getting ready to leave tots at the time, but it got printed in todays paper with another dodgy picture :(

Right a couple of quick questions for you,

My sisters baby is 5 months, shes aksed if I could have her for her on tuesday, not minding as a favour. Im not working tuesday so im assuming I am allowed to?

Secondly it may not be tuesday she needs me not sure if its tuesday or thursday yet, if it is thursday I know I couldnt have her as id be both overmy numbers but would my wife be allowed to look after her? or would that count as over my numbers still?

Hope your all donig ok, still notposting like I sue to but i will be soon I promise

Have a good weekend all

Gareth
xx

Spangles
26-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm really pleased to hear that it all went so well!

It's great that your mindee and the mum are both lovely!

Hope you have another great week next week!

georgie456
26-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Didn't want to read and run!

Lovely to see you DDC and well done on getting through your first week!!! Glad it went well!

As far as your sisters child goes, I imagine it would be ok, but am sure someone who knows properly will be along soon!

Gizmo
26-02-2010, 08:00 PM
So glad it went well, where is the link to new article so we can all see it.
Don t know about your numbers as its different in Scotland

Roseolivia
26-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad you've had a good week, soon you'll be full and wishing for a quiet day.

ORKSIE
26-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad every thing is going ok.
As far as your sisters baby is concerned, there is no reason why you cant have the baby on a day your no minding and if your having the child but your not actually minding it then yes I dont see why your wife cant look after him. She will be responsible for the child not you. IYSWIM.

margimum
26-02-2010, 08:33 PM
So pleased you're enjoying being "one of the girls!!" DDC.
Can I ask a sexist (not sexy!) question?
Are your own children included on your registration certificate?
Just wondering if Ofsted are following equal opps:blush:

PixiePetal
26-02-2010, 08:43 PM
well done on your first week :clapping:

I too have a new mindee who puts everything in his mouth (13 months) he also runs on duracell batteries which never seem to run out! Keeps me on my toes, just wish I was still in my 20s not my 40s :laughing: Shattered tonight.

Don't forget to put a link to the follow up article :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
26-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I am so pleased that it is as good as you thought it would be, and really pleased that it went well for you!

PUT THE LINK TO THE NEW ARTICLE PLEASE!:laughing:

loocyloo
26-02-2010, 09:11 PM
i've got a 16mth old who still puts everything in her mouth! maybe not quite as much as she used to at 9mths, but not far off! i once found her chewing the cats tail :rolleyes: the cat didn't even move !

sonia ann
26-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Glad every thing is going ok.
As far as your sisters baby is concerned, there is no reason why you cant have the baby on a day your no minding and if your having the child but your not actually minding it then yes I dont see why your wife cant look after him. She will be responsible for the child not you. IYSWIM.

ditto:)......

miffy
26-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Glad everything went well this week! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

MarpleJollytots
26-02-2010, 10:25 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: we are so glad.AND MAN U ARE GOING TO WIN TOMORROW WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT !!!!! :clapping:

Tups
26-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Glad it went well for you Gareth xx:clapping:

Daddy Day Care
26-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Important things first, manu dont play tomorrow thank god, on another course all day the cup final is sunday but yes they gunna win :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks everyone for your messages, as far as my sister goes if it is thursday ive told her my wife will have little un in my sisters house just to be on the safe side.

The article is only 3 lines i think so not really an article, its really not worth reading but should they do a follow up interview like she said i will give you all a link to that :)

Margi, yes myown children are included and ebcause i have 2 under 5 only allowed 1 under 5 :(, was thinknig about kicking the youngest out so i can have another lol.

On course tomorrow weve been told were looking at child abuse cases and in particular baby p, been told we will be gonig into a lot fo detail so really not looking forward to it :(.....just reading about it brings tears tomy eeys so dont know what ill be like having to tlak about it tomorrow.

Think ill need a stiff drink or 2 tomorrow evening.

Gareth
xx

Mollymop
26-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Well done Gareth.....:clapping:

man- u don't play tomorrow???? ---:clapping: whoo hoo from meeeee:clapping: :clapping:

Means I get a day of peace:laughing:

Pipsqueak
26-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Its man city this weekend isn't it - v chelsea? Oooh Bridges and Terry on the same pitch..... will be worth watching just for that.

anyway

Whooop wooooo Gareth:clapping: :clapping: glad you had a fab first week - welcome to the whole world of minding:clapping: :clapping:

I am really pleased for you and you sound so upbeat hun:)

MarpleJollytots
27-02-2010, 07:06 AM
I got my days muggled !!!!!!!! Tee hee !!!!OOPS !

Lady Haha
27-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm so chuffed for you Gareth!!! Well done! and as for only being able to have one at the mo cos of your own two, the time soon flies by and the oldest will be over 5 and you can get another one in!

This just happened to me! I have schoolies and four of them were 8 in Feb and so I suddenly have 4 new vacancies in my under 8's group! Don't think I want to fill them though! lol

mama2three
27-02-2010, 11:41 AM
glad youve had such a good week Gareth. shame it will be spoiled on sunday when martin o neills men lift the trophy!!

pinklady
27-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Well done Gareth!!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

RachelE
27-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Fantastic news! :clapping:

Well done on surviving your first week as a minder.

Good luck with recruiting the rest! :thumbsup:

Rachel x

babs
27-02-2010, 07:32 PM
well done getting though your 1st week of many more to come... as for lo putting stuff in mouth lo i have ate a green fly in summer landed on arm before i could push it away ,it went in hand then mouth oh well least it was meat group:D

zillervalley
27-02-2010, 07:41 PM
glad you had a good wek gareth

ziller

solly
27-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Glad your first week went well gareth:)

The Juggler
27-02-2010, 11:34 PM
:clapping: :clapping: glad it went well. with your sister, it's lovely you can help out just as long as she won't be offended if a new mindee comes along and you need to take that one on.