PDA

View Full Version : Attendance register

Mrs M
26-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Just a quick question regarding registers. I often collect my mindee and therefore she doesn't enter the house until lunchtime or sometimes later. Am I supposed to be putting the time down that she enters the house or from when care begins? Also, sometimes I drop her off after an outing and therefore we may have left just after lunch. Therefore, what time should I put down?
Thanks very much.

mamasheshe
26-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I've been wondering the answer to this as I'm picking up a child from parents at school and dropping off with parents at school if that makes sense:rolleyes:

sandy64
26-02-2010, 06:25 PM
i would put the time you start minding thats wherever she gets dropped or picked up with you. hope this helps:)

~Chelle~
26-02-2010, 06:28 PM
From the moment she is in your care to the moment she leaves. If you pick her up from somewhere at 10.15am then when you get home you write down that time in your register.

It covers you in so many ways x

jaja
26-02-2010, 06:36 PM
i agree, as soon as the child enters your care and then leaves your care, i heard that another minder got called up by ofsted because she put the cotracted hours down, the problem being if a child is picked up at 510pm and the contract is until 530 so the attendance book says 530 then on paper you are still in charge of the child even though parent have collected. if you see what i mean....
xx

margimum
26-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Yes. your attendance register should show the time you began to care for the child. So if you meet mum at school at 9.02am you put down in your register 9.02, even if you don't get to your home until 9.30.
I jot everything down in my diary and transfer to attendance book at the weekend.(or when I remember!!:blush: )

Chatterbox Childcare
26-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I would put down the start and finish time that you are responsible for the child.

If the mindee goes to a party and you go home then your drop off time is when you stop being responsible and therefore your finish time.

Daisy1956
26-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I put the time they are in my care no matter where I pick them up from.

Minstrel
28-02-2010, 10:54 AM
If you need to keep a record of where you picked them up/dropped of etc you could do what i do.

When entering the time i put a little S for school if i dropped them at school or collected them and a H for home. It helps me jog my memory for lots of little situations.

Mouse
28-02-2010, 11:05 AM
What do you do if you drop off at nursery, but remain on call for the child?

Eg. I have a child dropped off to me at 8.30am, I drop him at nursery at 9am and collect him at 11.30am and he goes home at 4.30pm.
I've been putting it in my register as start at 8.30am (or whatever time he arrives) and finish at 4.30pm (again, I put the actual time of collection).

It occured to me that I should be signing him in & out while he's at nursery, like I do with the school age children, but Ofsted has never picked me up on it, even though it's obvious he's not actually with me for those 2.5hrs.

Ripeberry
28-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Oh bum! I've being doing it wrong then :( I collect one mindee, one day a week from her pre-school. I sign her out at 12.30pm (in the pre-school register)and then when we get into MY house I sign her in at 12.45 as that is when we get in.
Do you think I can change it, or just explain it to Ofsted if they ask?
(We are walking down to the car and in the car in the 15 mins)

Minstrel
28-02-2010, 11:58 AM
What do you do if you drop off at nursery, but remain on call for the child?

Eg. I have a child dropped off to me at 8.30am, I drop him at nursery at 9am and collect him at 11.30am and he goes home at 4.30pm.
I've been putting it in my register as start at 8.30am (or whatever time he arrives) and finish at 4.30pm (again, I put the actual time of collection).

It occured to me that I should be signing him in & out while he's at nursery, like I do with the school age children, but Ofsted has never picked me up on it, even though it's obvious he's not actually with me for those 2.5hrs.

I would guess that you should probably sign him out and then back in again. Although you are 'on call' for him - he is not your responsiblility whilst at nursery and he'll be signed in at nursery to prove this. Obviously you can change it if you have to collect early or he doesn't go for any reason.