PDA

View Full Version : 1st call scary

hollyoaksmad
26-02-2010, 05:47 PM
I have had a msg left on my phone 2day by a guy wanting childcare 4 his daughter iv tried calling bak and left a message im scared to talk incase i sound nervous and not good enough any tips?

MarpleJollytots
26-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Have notes at the ready reg your fees and working hours etc.Try to think what you would ask as a parent and prepare answers and write them down.Write down any questions you need to ask him. Have your diary to hand and a note book.If you are going to call him back,go somewhere quiet and have half a glass of wine before you ring !!!!!!! I was terrified for the first couple. Wait till you have your first parent visit ............. !!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic: :laughing:

sandy64
26-02-2010, 06:18 PM
you will be absolutely fine he will be more scared than you keep it basic introduce yourself ask him what he has boy/girl age what days hrs and arrange time,day, then you have an idea before they come out of there needs you then can get things ready come back here for more help, bet your excited:)

mama2three
26-02-2010, 06:21 PM
let him do the talking.!- start with hi its .... you rang about childminding. why dont you tell me a little about your child and waht youre looking for ........then just sit back , make a couple of notes , and answer anything hes brought up.!

little chickee
26-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I have a habit of talking too much when i'm nervous and end up blabbering on so i try to be short and to the point on the phone and Would say something like " why don't we arrange for you to come over for a visit and we can talk in more detail then"

hollyoaksmad
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I left 2 messages and no reply bit strange :( thanx 4 the support

Jelly Baby
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi i am useless with the calls and parents and i think this always lets me down..some good advice above though..good luck and hope he rings back x

little chickee
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM
I left 2 messages and no reply bit strange :( thanx 4 the support

I've had that before - people calling or emailing and then not hearing from them again - i too find it odd and a bit rude actually.

mummyof3
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I've had one of those recently. Contacted me through childcare website and then when I replied haven't heard back from her. She has then continued to view my profile every day :eek: Oh well I'm full now I signed someone else when she didn't get back to me :thumbsup: