PDA

View Full Version : Back to square 1

Pipsqueak
26-02-2010, 12:00 PM
have just lost the contract for one of my 2yr old via the pilot scheme. There is a fair bit of history to it which I won't go into but its been agreed that due to the non-attendance its not worth keeping the space/wasting the funding. So oh poo.
the galling bit is I had to turn down a keen enquiry 2 weeks ago that would have filled this space. We can ill afford the already meagre dip in finances.

fingers x'd something else comes along soon

poo poo poo

Hebs
26-02-2010, 12:08 PM
oh thats :censored: hun, hope your phone rings soon x

Twinkles
26-02-2010, 12:14 PM
How annoying ! Did you keep the telephone number of the other enquiry ?

sarah707
26-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh! :(

You are allowed the weekend to wallow in as much self pity as you want... then Monday you start advertising...

Ok?! :D

sunflower
26-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Hopefully your phone will be ringing and something will turn up for you soon x

Blaze
26-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Remember when a door is closed you'll likely find an open window:thumbsup: x

sarah32
26-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Things are picking up, I was down to one part time child before christmas, after losing my one and only full timer.

Things were not looking to good and starting applying for jobs, and within 2 and a bit months im now upto 5 part time children. Ive taken on 3 children in the last couple of weeks.

And having quite a few enquiries at the moment.

Good luck:)

Pipsqueak
lol - already have been advertising - been onto FIS, updated childcare.co.uk, emergencyspaces and netmums.
done a couple of calls to friends to let them know and emailed the CDO's.
Squeaky is on the case! thing is this area has gone back to being dead as a dodo for enquiries

didn't keep the number as the family got placed with one of my suggestions and all is going well apparently.

I sort of knew this was coming and had been prepared for it, its still just a pain in the bottom.

zillervalley
oh goodnes pip hope some thing comes up soon

ziller

Roseolivia
26-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hopefully something will come along soon.

mushpea
26-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I lost 3 from the same family recently and then one of my others went full time and now the 3 want to come back in september, its swings and roundabouts and am sure you will find somone soon
good luck

mama2three
26-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Pip , poor child was getting a huge benefit from being with you even just a few hours. Have they any more placements coming up - I know there are children here from easter - though i cant take part until Ofsted have been. The childrens centre ring me about every other week to see if my inspection has been done.

miffy
26-02-2010, 12:52 PM
That's a shame, Pip. Hope something else comes up soon

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
26-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I know there is a new intake around Easter as well round here, so I am hoping.
why can't you take any till you have had your inspection?

The Juggler
26-02-2010, 02:21 PM
hope something comes up soon hon. that's the downside of the ss contracts. I had one and I spoke to them and said, I have had an enquiry what's the chance of lo startign nursery in Jan. They said zero. Anyway turned down enquiry and then what happened, she got offered last minute place, so have now been advertising since Dec. Just filled the place.

shame the family weren't using what was on offer to them especially with such a great minder:)

Really hope the phone rings soon Pip.x