PDA

View Full Version : Active kids voucher Sainsbury's/Tesco

mrs.h
26-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi there,

i know there was a thread last year on this but what is your experience this year? I just tried to register with Sainsbury's and they said childminder are not allowed to register this year :angry:

I would love to send them an email but at the moment I would probably choose the wrong words ;) .

Has Tesco's started the scheme yet?

Take care
mrs.h

little miss chatterbox
26-02-2010, 10:21 AM
sainsburys have said no and tesco have said yes - I'm planning on emailing them back with a few choice words!

I think tesco starts next week

mrs.h
26-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi,

yes, I am sitting here thinking of the right words for the email to Sainsbury's ;).

Can you please tell me where you registered with Tesco's? I have looked on their website but couldn't find anything.

Thank you,
mrs.h

mama2three
26-02-2010, 10:27 AM
i did it on tesco website ,http://www.tescoforschoolsandclubs.co.uk/

the top link on there is for registering - although i did it a week ago and still havent got the confirmation email she promised!

beccas
i rang them and did it over the phone last year it was quick and simple

Mouse
I was registered with Sainsburys last year and automatically got my stuff through this year.
But another cm friend hasn't received anything even though she was registered last year as well.

georgie456
26-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I registered with Sainsburys last year after much arguing with them!

I've had my pack through for this year so am obviously still allowed!!!!! I think if you put across a good arguement they can't refuse!

Good luck but go for it - why should we be excluded?!

solly
26-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I have just registered over the phone for Tescos but sainsburys have said no

Mouse
26-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I have just registered over the phone for Tescos but sainsburys have said no

Another cm friend was going to register with Sainsburys. I've told her not to bother. She'll still collect the vouchers, but put her order in through me instead :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
26-02-2010, 11:32 AM
We didn't get many Sainsburys vouchers last year.

I have got this years promo stuff from Sainsburys and Tesco's for this year delivered so they must be starting soon.

dlissaman
26-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Tesco vouchers start on Monday 1st March.

Jules12Wed
26-02-2010, 11:54 AM
This prompted me to call. I just rang and spoke to a lovely guy. Told him I was registered last year but have not received a pack this year, he asked for postcode. He then said 'your a childminder' I was waiting for the 'oh you can't register this year' but he was fine and said he would get a pack out to me.

Can't see how they can allow some childminders to register and not others. Seems very unfair.

miffy
26-02-2010, 12:48 PM
With Sainsbury's I think it very much depends who you speak to when you ring up.

I'd ring back and try someone else. When I first tried to register with them I e-mailed but the reply was no then I rang and they registered me.

Last year Sainsburys even had a catalogue just for childminders so it's worth trying again.

Tescos were much easier to register with.

It doesn't matter if you don't collect many vouchers - both schemes allow you to "bank" them for next year.

Miffy xx