PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning

ss1983
25-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi all
do you all do weekly planning say you write in a chart mon to friday then what you do everyday including activities i was told on the space you write activities in we need to write about the next steps on there . i dont undersatnd HELP?

sarah707
25-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a house full of part timers so I plan a weekly overview of what we might do then add to it with what children chose to do.

My weekly planning uses my continuous provision activities, so it goes with...

Reading... book of the week

Construction... we usually make something to go with the theme or weather

Mark making... again something to go with the overall theme

Messy... I say what I'm putting in the tray this week

We all do it different ways and you should find a way that works for you!

If what you are doing shows how the children are busy in your house and on outings, then that's all that matters.

Hth :D

ss1983
26-02-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a house full of part timers so I plan a weekly overview of what we might do then add to it with what children chose to do.

My weekly planning uses my continuous provision activities, so it goes with...

Reading... book of the week

Construction... we usually make something to go with the theme or weather

Mark making... again something to go with the overall theme

Messy... I say what I'm putting in the tray this week

We all do it different ways and you should find a way that works for you!

If what you are doing shows how the children are busy in your house and on outings, then that's all that matters.

Hth :D

so say my theme is nursey rhymesd this term i plan week bye week a chart that says monday to friday and on each day i plan a activitiy do i just write the name of the activity and if its child led or adult led then i heard we have to write about next steps on it aswell. im confused

sarah707
26-02-2010, 12:37 PM
so say my theme is nursey rhymesd this term i plan week bye week a chart that says monday to friday and on each day i plan a activitiy do i just write the name of the activity and if its child led or adult led then i heard we have to write about next steps on it aswell. im confused

There are 2 types of planning...

Group - which is what I was talking about in my last answer...

Individual - which I think you are talking about here.

Your group planning says that you are looking at nursery rhymes with the children and over the week you intend to do.... blah blah on Monday etc.

THEN you need to think about each child individually.

So John is seriously into trains and cars just now, to the exclusion of everything else.

Your nursery rhyme is 'baa baa black sheep'... would John enjoy making a scene (complete with cars of course) showing the wool shop and lane for the sheep to travel down?

Katie, on the other hand, is doll mad... so she might enjoy looking more closely at a rhyme which has dollies such as 'Miss Polly'.

So all the children are doing nursery rhymes and your resources will reflect that, but individually you are following the children's interests... does that make sense?

From the individual planning (not group) you then look at John and his cars and Katie and her dolly (sorry very sexist but I want to make it easy) and think about how you can move each of the forward... now is when you think about next steps.

Yes / no? :D