PDA

View Full Version : why do they do that

lou lou
25-02-2010, 06:52 PM
i am just going to have a moan today i recieved my training bulletin for march to july and there is some really good courses in there that i would like to do and they are free which is even better but nearly all of them are during the week and in the day when i am working so how are you supposed to do them as i cant take the day off they expect you to do training but how can you when you are working there is one course there that is on a saturday and it just happens to fall on the day when my partner is at football so have no one to look after my little one so can not do it does any one else find this it is so annoying!!!!

sarah707
25-02-2010, 06:55 PM
At least you've got courses!

Our training list was virtually empty last time :rolleyes:

I know what you mean though it is very annoying :(

green puppy
25-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I find this annoying too.:(

The Juggler
25-02-2010, 07:11 PM
my understanding was with children's centres up and running that they could at least provide the CM focused training in the centres of an evening/weekend.:panic:

To be fair our borough does now offer lots of evening/weekend training for CM's but it's often cancelled through lack of interest so I supposed the LA or us more interested childminders will never win!

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
my understanding was with children's centres up and running that they could at least provide the CM focused training in the centres of an evening/weekend.:panic:

To be fair our borough does now offer lots of evening/weekend training for CM's but it's often cancelled through lack of interest so I supposed the LA or us more interested childminders will never win!

yes its the same here

sandy64
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
i no how you feel we get ours in sept for 12mths courses great not:( the really good ones were during day. such a shame they email 2days before as theres spaces so proved not many can attend.

lou lou
25-02-2010, 07:37 PM
i think they all want us to be part of eyfs and yet all the courses are during the day in the week so people who attend are probably nursery staff and yet when i have training leaflets come through for sat courses they cost money and sometimes they can be expensive

AliceK
25-02-2010, 08:21 PM

Same here. I booked to go on 3 courses and they have all been cancelled. I've lost interest now in my boroughs stupid system. When you book it you have no idea whether you are definitely on it or whether they are already over subscribed or whether they will cancel it because not enough interest. How are we meant to plan ahead for anything (oh yes I forgot, we're not meant to have a life are we :angry: )

xxxxx

Hebs
25-02-2010, 08:24 PM
yes its the same here

same here too :panic:

venus89
25-02-2010, 09:07 PM
All our NCMA courses are evenings or weekends so I guess we're lucky. Or maybe we're unluck - I'm not sure I've been invited to anything non-NCMA....

terrydoo73
25-02-2010, 09:10 PM
The same thing happens here in Northern Ireland - they put on really lovely courses and sometimes even bring special speakers over from England or wherever but they are all held during the day. What annoys me is actually the children I mind who attend nursery or playgroup - they close the whole place down and send all the staff on the course but if we want to go there is no way parents would even consider this - it would be our loss of money too! The nursery staff get paid full monies to go including food and travel allowance! Then we are asked to attend compulsory courses like child protection and are lumped in with nursery staff at nights - if 2 out of the 3 nursery staff attend they all still get the certificate to say they attended the whole course!!

Lady Haha
26-02-2010, 10:13 AM
I have the opposite problem!!! I only have schoolies, so during school hours would be perfect, but they don't do any! All our courses are for evenings and Saturdays and as I'm a single mum, I struggle to find anyone to look after my son if I want to do one!

Tinglesnark
26-02-2010, 10:18 AM
so far so good for me. all my training is in march and they are a mix of evenings and saturdays. thankfully i have dp to look after the boys while i go.

jelly15
26-02-2010, 10:34 AM
The majority of courses in my area are on weekdays too :angry:

MissTinkerbell
26-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Ours are changing theirs - they used to do a book of courses for just childminders and all of the courses were either in the evenings or on a Saturday. However they, in their infinte wisdom, have decided that if they produce one booklet that covers all the Early Years sectors then we will have access to a much more varied range of courses - although some of these 'more varied' courses will be during the day - so we won't be able to attend them anyway!

Their reasoning being that nursery staff will not want to attend courses at the weekend or in the evening.:angry: What about us? So I guess that if we want to do these courses we are expected to lose a days pay and cause inconvenience for our parents - my parents are teachers so can't just have a day off at the drop of a hat!