PDA

View Full Version : Well not the best day

Jelly Baby
25-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Picked mindee up this morning and mum said she had been called into work..didnt know why but said it didnt sound good..
Got a call after lunch with her in tears as she has lost her job..nothing to do with her just the job she does is no longer and it was a shock for both of us.
So i lose my only day time mindee as of 4 weeks time..nightmare..lots of money too so not a happy bunny. Shes just rung again to say hopefully she will get something so i can still have her as her dd loves coming to me but who knows..ahhhh..ill really miss her apart from anything else.

mum26
25-02-2010, 06:54 PM
That's a real shame. Hopefully mum will be able to get another job within the four weeks notice period. I had this happen last year and did think I was going to lose the child. However, luckily mum did find another job within the notice period so all was well. Hope this happens for you both too.

Alibali
25-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh no, hope she gets something soon, what a shame.

The Juggler
25-02-2010, 07:09 PM
sorry to hear that hon. hope she finds something soon but if you advertise you might also find someone to start right after she leaves.:)

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:12 PM
oh no so sorry to hear that, i hope she finds work soon.

doodles
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Ah, what a shame!! Fingers crossed she finds another job soon!

Jelly Baby
25-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks ladies. I have another part time job and she has asked if i could ask for her there so fingers crossed they say yes in the morning!..i kinda had a feeling she may go anyway as mum was going to use her free nursery places but changed her mind..then this..she rung me earlier again to apologise..she really doesnt have to it's one of those things bless her!

Jelly Baby
28-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Well they have no vacancies at work so no luck there! I have just done some flyers up for extra cleaning and will see if i get anything if no children come along!..suppose there is no EYFS to worry about either!!