PDA

View Full Version : Do you provide formula milk?

Jelly Baby
25-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I am really wanting to finish my website very soon and have 2 little wonders..one is do you provide formula milk?
Thanks

Pipsqueak
25-02-2010, 06:07 PM
No i don't and wouldn't, nor nappies (although I keep a packet here for emergencies) or jar baby foods

sarah707
25-02-2010, 06:16 PM
No! Parents need to bring it each day measured out :D

Alibali
25-02-2010, 06:16 PM
No I don't, or baby food. I supply everything once they are on 'table food'

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 06:29 PM
no i dont either parent provide everything for the baby

Jelly Baby
25-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Good was hoping you would say that thankyou!

singlewiththree
25-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I dont either or nappies or wipes :)

AliceK
25-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I do. I supply everything :blush:

xxxxx

marzi
25-02-2010, 09:17 PM
At £7.99 a can, sometimes more I don't see how I could afford to supply it :blush:

The Juggler
25-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I would not even make the feeds if parents supplied the tin, or sterlise. they can provide me with sterilised bottles and bottles with cooled water and measured amounts of formula and I will make the feeds up as needed.

ajs
25-02-2010, 09:27 PM
no mum used to send me with a tin and i'd sterilise the bottles and make them up

but if you do supply it you can claim the cost back from the nursery milk reimbusement fund
the same as you can if you suplly cows milk and claim that back

Probey9
25-02-2010, 09:46 PM
No, the parents supply, milk, food nappies and wipes etc. :)

sillysausage
25-02-2010, 09:50 PM
No, I don't supply formula or nappies. When weaning I ask parents to provide food. Usually they send a mix of homemade weaning foods and jars. I often make up batches of weaning foods and save some of the jars parents send for spares/emergencies/outings (parents are happy with this).
As far as bottles are concerned I ask parents to send sterilised bottles with correct amount of cooled boiled water in and the formula measured out in one of those semented tubs. Sometimes parents will give me a tin of milk to measure out myself, which I'm happy to do, but as most mindees these days are around 9 months old when they start and only need one or two bottles during the day it is usually better if the parents send the formula measured out so that the tin gets used up quicker and doesn't go out of date.

mama2three
25-02-2010, 09:54 PM
when you say 2 little wonders is that questions or children??? :rolleyes:

Heaven Scent
25-02-2010, 11:27 PM
No I don't - I don't provide food for any child under 1 year of age - I sought some advice from a website i think it was Department of Health and I tell parents to make up formula in the morning and let it cool quickly - keep it in the fridge once cooled then to transport it to mine in a cool bag with an iceblock in it - same for any home made dinners they provide - any frozen meals need to be defrosted in the fridge before they reach my house and transported in cool bags with ice block. Food & made up formula must be placed in my fridge within 4 hours of it being put in the cool bag - Its usually here within an hour so that is fine.

I will not take any responsibility for making up feeds. Well except when I provided respite care for child of a drug addict mum.

I do keep cartons of ready made formula in the fridge in case of emergencies.

charliegee
25-02-2010, 11:39 PM
me too - I ask parents to provide nappies, nappy sacks, wipes, formula, and all weening foods for children under one. Once over one I will provide food but if parents prefer, they can of course provide food.

formula is so expensive isn't it! xxx

jojane
25-02-2010, 11:56 PM
i think i am going to ask parents to provide nappies, wipes and formula. i wont ask them to provide weaning food unless they insist on jars. both of mine were weaned on the family meals and i have a little food grinder which is easy to pop a couple of spoonfuls in at mealtimes.

little chickee
26-02-2010, 11:25 AM
My parents supply nappies, wipes, nappy bags.

I have 1 on formula milk and parent supplies the ready made cartons - really easy just pour in and heat.