PDA

View Full Version : what do offsted look for?

roxy_boxy_boo
25-02-2010, 04:40 PM
hi i'm considering becoming a childminder and am trying to get as much info as i can, what do offsted look for? what alterations did you have to make to your home? that sort of thing any information will be greatly appriciated

Pipsqueak
25-02-2010, 05:56 PM
What Ofsted look for come inspections are probably different to what parents look for.

As a childminder you will develop a good knowledge and understanding of child development and keep records (ie learning journals, daily diaries, attendance records etc), you will develop a good equipment/resource bank, you will provide activities that stimulate, challenge and help children progress.
You will provide a safe, secure environment. They want to see that you are professional, that you provide for you own development etc

What parents want - safe and secure environment, (cheapest possible childcare:rolleyes: ), someone who genuinely loves being with their child and has an interest in them, someone is gets to know their child

Your questions are quite hard to answer in such board terms. you could always looks at some ofsted reports for your area and get an idea of what they inspect on. Have a look at Every Child Matters Outcomes and the EYFS, NCMA have some good information.

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:24 PM
i think there is something in the free resourses section at thetop of the page hth :)