PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Pay

Pipsqueak
25-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Just looking at another thread and it interested me.

I'll put it on a poll

but do you charge for your holidays or not, do you charge half for your and half for parents etc...

just really interested to see what split there is.

Gizmo
25-02-2010, 04:15 PM
half for mine - half for parents up to 4 weeks a year with 4 weeks notice any more than 4 weeks full pay any less than 4 weeks notice full pay, hope that makes sense

zillervalley
25-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I dont charge for my hols or when i an unavailable

was told at a training once that we could charge a little a week / month and call the extra hols money, i haveny done that either

ziller

Blaze
25-02-2010, 04:16 PM
full for theirs, none for mine...but I would like it to be full fees for both!:

PS Half fees if taken at the same time!

suzyblue
25-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Full for theirs and FULL for my four weeks hol!!:clapping:

Minstrel
25-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Exactly same as Blaze!

P.s love the mind your own business option Pip! :laughing:

Pipsqueak
25-02-2010, 04:26 PM
full for theirs, none for mine...but I would like it to be full fees for both!:

PS Half fees if taken at the same time!

oooh now that IS a good option Blaze - I had never thought about that:thumbsup: you learn a new trick every day don't you.....

Mollymop
25-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm with the majority:D

Chatterbox Childcare
25-02-2010, 04:39 PM
2 weeks paid for me and full for parents

donnawalsh123
25-02-2010, 04:50 PM
full fee for my holibobs, 4weeks annually. full fee for parents.

nell57
25-02-2010, 04:53 PM
No fee for my hols, full for theirs, that's what works for me:thumbsup:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
25-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I charge full fees for the mindees and half fess for mine 4 weeks leave a year!

Hebs
25-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Full for theirs and FULL for my four weeks hol!!:clapping:

same here :thumbsup:

Trouble
25-02-2010, 05:07 PM
your poll missed one out:idea:

none for mine and half for theres

i wish it was full and full but sadly not:(

Playmate
25-02-2010, 05:11 PM
4 weeks half pay for us, full for mindees. Give them my holiday dates at the begining of the year, so they have the option to book theirs at the same time :thumbsup:

angeldelight
25-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Wonder who said " Mind your own business " :laughing:

Angel xx

aly
25-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Wonder who said " Mind your own business " :laughing:

Angel xx

No one has...although I was going to as a joke :P

Full for theirs none for mine.

Why cant you?

Trouble
25-02-2010, 06:16 PM
No one has...although I was going to as a joke :P

Full for theirs none for mine.

Why cant you?

i cant charge for something i dont work and i carnt see them paying it or me having to explain how i go about saying it, iykwim?

i charge half for theirs :blush: and i think thats there limit:rolleyes:

Bitsy Beans
25-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Full for their holiday/absences nothing if I am not available. Quite frankly things are so quiet in my area I didn't want to put potential clients off.

The Juggler
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I charge full fee but most parents are t-time only so they get 13 weeks free per year and unless there's an emergency I take all my hols in school hols so they don't get left without care.

Those who are all year round I take 2 weeks in Summer and 1 at Christmas. These parents are 2 days only so it's only 6 days when they pay me and I don't work.

I think if I had a full-time parent I might consider doing same for them (i.e. cap it at 6 days) as I am starting to move more towards the 'I shouldn't charge if not working' group.:p

little chickee
25-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I charge nothing for my holidays and full fees for parents, I am happy with this arrangement.

sweets
25-02-2010, 08:14 PM
i get paid one week full at christmas and one for easter then no pay for the rest of my hols. i charge full for theirs but let them have 2 weeks a year at half fee but they have to give me 4 weeks notice of these and they cant be used for sickness days.

Adiamond
26-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I used to charge half for theirs and nothing for mine but I didn't take any hols myself because I needed the money :eek: :eek:
I have now changed it to half for mine half for theirs which works just fine :)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-02-2010, 07:12 PM
I charge full fee but most parents are t-time only so they get 13 weeks free per year and unless there's an emergency I take all my hols in school hols so they don't get left without care.

Those who are all year round I take 2 weeks in Summer and 1 at Christmas. These parents are 2 days only so it's only 6 days when they pay me and I don't work.

I think if I had a full-time parent I might consider doing same for them (i.e. cap it at 6 days) as I am starting to move more towards the 'I shouldn't charge if not working' group.:p

When I work out my fees (I do them monthly) 1 multiply the rate by 41 weeks instead of 39 and if I did happen to take term time, which I have never done, I would refund the cost or pay another childminder

TammyN
26-02-2010, 07:13 PM

yeah i do the same non for mine, half for parents up to 4 weeks for each of us
Tammy

Trouble
26-02-2010, 07:14 PM
yeah i do the same non for mine, half for parents up to 4 weeks for each of us
Tammy

i think by looking at these replies we may have it wrong:(

margimum
26-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm the same as Trouble, no fee for my holidays and half fee for theirs.
I don't feel I can justify charging when I'm on holiday I never take holidays unless we are actually going away.
For a short time I tried charging 70%(what they got from gov in tax credits at the time) for their holidays but found I had no time off as parents had holiday from work but sent kids to me!, so I prefer half pay and a break!!:blush:

Probey9
26-02-2010, 07:17 PM
No charge for my holidays but full for theirs. The way I see it is if I am unable to work then the parents may need to find alternative care, so why should they have to pay me and someone else.

sunflower
26-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Full for theirs and nothing for mine :thumbsup:

childmind04
26-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Full for theirs nothing for mine, but my 2 after schoolies pay me over the 52 weeks as its easier for them both with the way tax credits pay them, and it means i dont have no income, my teacher parent also does it this way even though it is term time only, one set of parents pay me full even though they dont have too :thumbsup:

georgie456
26-02-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm none of the options!

Like a couple of others on this thread, I charge half for parents and none for mine. I'm quite happy with this arrangement to be honest!

margimum
26-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Do most people who charge full for parents holidays actually get four weeks a year paid holiday or do you find parents have time off work and bring children to you?

Curly Quavers
26-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Neither

I charge half for mine but give then all my dates for the whole year in Jan and charge full fee for parent/child

AliceK
26-02-2010, 08:39 PM
My option isn't on there but I

Do Not charge for my hols
50% For parents hols providing they have given me 4 weeks notice

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pipsqueak
26-02-2010, 08:41 PM
oops - I see that there is another option! apologies to those peeps.

I can't see that I can add that option into the poll now unless Aunty P or a mod can do it.

margimum
26-02-2010, 08:56 PM
WE could always vote the MYOB option and you would know we're not being rude!!:blush:

Pipsqueak
26-02-2010, 09:09 PM
WE could always vote the MYOB option and you would know we're not being rude!!:blush:

wouldn't think anyone was being rude lol I would just think they were being mysterious and had latched onto a plan that would make them rich and didn;t want to share rofl:laughing:

upadaisy
26-02-2010, 09:13 PM
hi there,

i give my parents a holiday list each year ( april to april ) i take 24 paid days off per year, these days include all bank/public holidays and the rest are used up for my annual holidays summer and christmas. most of my parents receive upto 80% of their costs paid for them by tax credits so if you dont charge them they are getting holiday pay from their own work and they also get to keep the tax credits money as well ( parent laughing all the way to the bank ) and we are left out of pocket and no more thanks for it............. lol:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
26-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I am the same as a few others on here, half for theirs, nothing for mine!

I don't feel I can charge when I am not available, some of mine use another cm when I am off, so would end up paying twice for me being on holiday!!! :eek:

Roseolivia
27-02-2010, 06:58 AM
As most my parents are term time only i charge £0 for my hols if taken in the term (very rare, maybe the odd day). They get charged half for their hols and i take my hols then so i still get paid. I also charge for bank hols as they usually come into school hol times.

christine e
27-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Nothing for mine (they may have to pay another childminder if they can't have the same holidays as me)

Full fee for bank holidays though and I am not available to work them

Half for theirs

Teachers get 13 weeks at half fee but if for some reason they do take a holiday in term time then I expect full fee

Cx

huggableshelly
27-02-2010, 08:38 AM
lol I put mind your own buisness as there was no other option for me

I do no fee for my hols and no fee for parent hols providing they give me 4 wks notice

BUT going to be changing this when contract reviews take place in september,
will most likely do no fee for mine and half fee for parents

cs01
27-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I currently don't charge for my hols (up to 4 weeks) full fee for their hols. But, am thinking of changing this for any new mindees I might get to 50% fee for both, up to 4 weeks each, with min 4 weeks notice. That would mean I wouldn't lose so much money in Aug when I always take 2 weeks off. Am also considering charging 50% for bank holidays but can't quite get my head around the fact I would be charging them even though I am not prepared to work, even though all the nurseries and pre schools charge full fee for BH.

Heaven Scent
27-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I do nothing for mine full for them - same for sickness - I also charge full for B.H's if not worked and double if worked.

I know that this means that parents will take time off and send their children to me anyway but it doesn't matter as I have to work for other mindees anyway and its easier to have more children here to play with each other.

I also state that I reserve the right to take up to 6 weeks hols pa and most families try to take time off at the same time as me to save having to find alternative care so it works well for me and my families.

I have to say though that it upsets me to know that parents will have time off and still drop kiddies off at 7.30 ish and then come back at 6.00pm - I do fee they could drop a little later then pick up earlier - I do feel sad for the kiddies - I offer reduced daily and weekly rates and some save up to £1.00 P.h. on top of this parents either use tax credits, vouchers or have fees paid by student finance so there is just no excuse for this. I have been there and got the tee shirt so appreciate that sometimes its easier to crack on and get jobs done while the children are in safe hands and I never had the luxury of having family to help out and always had to pay so on these occasions DH & I always ensured we got on as quickly as poss and then collected early.

I will confess to putting my DS into nursery when I was moving house and was 8mths pregnant and DH was working away just for his safety so I could pack up boxes ready for the move. It was a one off and for 2-3 days but that was the only time I did it.

upadaisy
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I do nothing for mine full for them - same for sickness - I also charge full for B.H's if not worked and double if worked.

I know that this means that parents will take time off and send their children to me anyway but it doesn't matter as I have to work for other mindees anyway and its easier to have more children here to play with each other.

I also state that I reserve the right to take up to 6 weeks hols pa and most families try to take time off at the same time as me to save having to find alternative care so it works well for me and my families.

I have to say though that it upsets me to know that parents will have time off and still drop kiddies off at 7.30 ish and then come back at 6.00pm - I do fee they could drop a little later then pick up earlier - I do feel sad for the kiddies - I offer reduced daily and weekly rates and some save up to £1.00 P.h. on top of this parents either use tax credits, vouchers or have fees paid by student finance so there is just no excuse for this. I have been there and got the tee shirt so appreciate that sometimes its easier to crack on and get jobs done while the children are in safe hands and I never had the luxury of having family to help out and always had to pay so on these occasions DH & I always ensured we got on as quickly as poss and then collected early.

I will confess to putting my DS into nursery when I was moving house and was 8mths pregnant and DH was working away just for his safety so I could pack up boxes ready for the move. It was a one off and for 2-3 days but that was the only time I did it.

HERE HERE.........:angry: WITH YOU ON THIS ONE

Jelly Baby
03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi i charge 1/2 for parents and half for mine, their are no limits as had no probs with any of my lot taking lots of time off..although one parent only just told me they are off skiing next week so wont have them..of course she said 'dont worry you will still get paid'! I used to charge half for them and nothing for me but a 2 week holiday when i was full to the brim cost me a fortune in lost wages so that was the turning point for me! Imo we deserve a holiday don't we?!

TheBTeam
03-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I have one or two parents on my old theory of some holiday pay still, but more recently have gone down the route of no fee for my holiday but i charge a higher hourly rate, this i prefer as they accept the hourly rate, but usually faff around with holiday money, so this way i dont charge, dont feel guilty and they can pay someone else if needed.

Anytime they are off they pay, regardless of whether it is their hol or sickness as i am still usually working with so many different families.

sandy64
03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
i dont charge for my hols /occasional days off, full for theres unless 4wks notice is given then its half fee.:)

breezy
03-03-2010, 06:31 PM
full fee for theirs, nothing for mine!

Rubybubbles
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I put MYOB:D as I do 1/2 fee parent, no fee me. Hence why I never take hols haha

What ever happened to the site Mind your own business for childminders?? I was on there a long time ago, before I found this one, and it now has gone:rolleyes:

~Chelle~
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Half for theirs and none for mine x