PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIALLY REGISTERED - NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Leelee
25-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I got my certificate this morning and am now wondering where I go from here? Im not working at the minute so do I just advertise wait for mindee's and then tell tax office, or just have a start date (mindee's or not) and tell tax office? Can I mind straight away? Probably sound like stupid questions! How do I start off with first ob's and planning, when I get my first mindee? :panic:

Merry-Minder
25-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Now you have your certificate you are able to start looking after children as soon as you have one - I would start advertising asap and make sure you have sent your information to the FIS for them to add you to the website.
Good luck with getting started.xxx

youarewhatyoueat
25-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Tell the tax office now, congrats you are now self-employed
Good luck

sandy64
25-02-2010, 02:43 PM
hi lisa i would advertise in shops playgroups/toddlers,doctors surgery your local childrens centre cis. speak to local cm ask them to pass on phone calls,once you no when first child is starting you need insurance, you can wait a few wks before ringing tax office, when your first lo starts enjoy observe to see what they can do ask mum and go from there it will all fall into place mean time have a read of eyfs book. sarah has some great stuff to buy which will help you with planning obs etc.:)

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:17 PM
good luck!!! welcome to the wonderful world of childminding :laughing:

Dippy bird
25-02-2010, 08:16 PM
try registering with childminding.co.uk,I have got 2 children from that and load s of enquiries, also, I have had signs made for my car and also living room window- by vista print.These have also brought me a little one and a babysitting job as well. I have had absolutely nothing from being registered with the council or even from putting cards in shops. Good luck and have fun!!

little chickee
26-02-2010, 11:28 AM
You are good to go. Advertise now, register as self employed, while you are waiting for mindees you could get your setting prepared make sure you have all the equipment you need etc.

Good luck - hope you get some mindees soon.