PDA

View Full Version : First prspective parent - had to postpone

skytvaddict
25-02-2010, 10:46 AM
:(

I had my first prospective parent due to come at 9.30 this am.

My own littlest had d&v since yesterday - still got really high temp and drowsy so have postponed - they are supposed to be coming Monday now

BUT

My darling 2 year old DS decided to flood the downstairs loo from the sink whilst I was on the phone to her and my even more darling 9 year old DD decided to shout at him that he was a naughty boy :mad: - you won't believe how mad I am at her.

This all happened at 8.15 this am and I am just about calming down.

Whats the chances of them coming do you think? I am sure she heard it all!

sarah707
25-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Poor you! I hope she re-books :D

TheBTeam
25-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Dont your own children pick their moments! You hope that parents realise that all children behave inappropriately at times and if they didn't then there is more likely something wrong!

Doesnt stop them picking their moments to perfection though! One my mums arrived the other day pulled up in her car over the road, we had her window open and she said when she got to the door, oooh i could hear you over the road, what did she hear, me shouting at my ds11 'Get up to your room', no get out of my sight and go up there now! GOOOOO':blush:

caz3007
25-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I once had a bad Sunday afternoon with my son and kept shouting at him. Later on I went to my front door and there was a note from one of mums....I just hope she came to the door when it was quiet and I wasnt yelling my head off.

Anyway hope your parent re books with you and realises that what was going on with your own children was just normal family life

skytvaddict
26-02-2010, 09:40 AM
She is supposed to be coming on Monday at 4 so fingers crossed no one else gets ill - DS2 still has the runs - DD2 has been chastised

little chickee
26-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully she will have the good sense to understand that we are not all perfect and these things happen.

skytvaddict
01-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Well she came. Seemed ok. Just got to wait and hear. My littlest darling loved sharing his toys but kept throwing them at the little girl!!

It is to be a very flexible contract and only until June as they are being posted and she is 17 weeks pregnant. She works shifts but is hoping to get more fixed shifts.

I am quite desperate to get started so agreed to it! Will probably kick myself in the long run but hey ho, its only temporary.

Fingers crossed for me please x

caz3007
01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Hope it comes off.

Ok its only temporary, but it means a reference in your folder and who know she may recommend you on

skytvaddict
02-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks.

They are coming tomorrow to sign contracts and I got her to agree to a minimum of 15 hours a week and it will be from next week. I also agreed, for the month of May only, when she is on lates and her hubbie is away I will take little one home at the end of the day and put her to bed! Can you tell I am keen? If my other half is on lates who is going to put my kids to bed! :blush:

Can't wait to get started now :jump for joy: