PDA

View Full Version : mothers day ideas please

sandy64
25-02-2010, 09:52 AM
hi im looking for some easy but different ideas for mothers day cards and presents for 2 and 3yr olds to make ive done photo frames, flowers the hand print poems, last yr with same lo,s any ideas please:)

Mollymop
25-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm looking for some ideas too.

Last year we paper mache'd a "yop" bottle - then painted it the colours they wanted to create a vase.

Then I bought some green straws (tesco) and fastened with sticky tape some coloured tissue paper to the bendy part of the straw to make flowers.

All different coloured ones.

Then put them in the "vase"

we then put some pipe cleaners (the glittery ones) in the vase with beads on.

They looked very pretty. I wish I had taken a photo of them now:( :D

mumx3
25-02-2010, 01:20 PM
ive got some ceramic vases to paint they were 99p each and are plain white. So will let the kids loose on them and stick a daffodil in the top!

The Juggler
25-02-2010, 01:24 PM
yellow moon have lots of little things for decorating - I've had in the past, wooden photo frames, ceramic mugs with porcelain pens to decorate and the wooden egg cups went down well (need acrylic paint to decorate).

Also just did some gingerbread mummies one year.

Mollymop
25-02-2010, 01:40 PM
yellow moon have lots of little things for decorating - I've had in the past, wooden photo frames, ceramic mugs with porcelain pens to decorate and the wooden egg cups went down well (need acrylic paint to decorate).

Also just did some gingerbread mummies one year.

Ah yeah!
Good ol' yellow Moon, I had forgotten about that - seems best option for me xx thanks

tracey36
25-02-2010, 01:41 PM
baker ross have some good ideas for older childrne in there catalogue

francinejayne
25-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Last year we paper mache'd a "yop" bottle - then painted it the colours they wanted to create a vase.

Then I bought some green straws (tesco) and fastened with sticky tape some coloured tissue paper to the bendy part of the straw to make flowers.

Ooh that sounds like a lovely idea!!

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Last year in asda they had mugs at £1.99 with special pens, i bought 2 (only had 2 mindies at that point) they loved to decorate it and mums really appreciated the hard work they put into it.
Am looking for them again this year

babs
25-02-2010, 07:46 PM
omg forgot mothers day was before easter been out and brought easter bonnets to decorate today:D :D looks like im going shopping again tomorrow , this is what hubbys face will look like :eek: :eek:

karen m
25-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I have a loverly poem "borrowed" it from 1 of older children a couple years ago,anyone want it i will send it or draw a t.pot double it over ,let children colour in ,put t.bag in ,mum's cup of tea:)

prettysunflower
25-02-2010, 08:00 PM
How about a daffodil card made with an egg box section painted yellow(middle of flower), a green straw or rolled green tissue paper (stem) and tissue paper for the petals and leaves. Very easy for little ones to do if you cut it out for them and they just do the painting and sticking :)

Chatterbox Childcare
25-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I have made the St Davids Day daffodils out of Creative Steps and next week we are painting a pot to plant them in

TammyN
25-02-2010, 08:55 PM
my lo's are handprinting on a porceline plant pot then were going to pot a plant in each. my older one's have decided to paint bird boxes for their mums? we have been looking at birds, etc due to the weather and they are really concerned about feeding atm :) im sure they will do plant pots also. we are making cards from i-child website.

mushpea
26-02-2010, 06:58 AM
I bought some plastic flower pots and got some jewel stickers to decorte them then im going to take the younger ones shopping so they can 'choose' a bulb to put in them.
I also saw on mister maker yesterday a basked made from string, probably on the cbeebies website somwher, it looked really good so might get the older ones to make that and put some choccies or home made fudge in it.

miffy
26-02-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm looking for some ideas too.

That sounds lovely but what's a "yop" bottle?

Miffy xx

funfunfun
26-02-2010, 07:36 AM
I printed off some basket templates at my after school club and we did...

Tissue paper flowers...on the basket ...it looks really nice

alternativly i was looking at the baker ross book last night and there is a tissue paper bunch of roses .....explains how to make them and everything they look fab !!!

patevans
26-02-2010, 08:18 AM
I have made the St Davids Day daffodils out of Creative Steps and next week we are painting a pot to plant them in

I might do this one :idea:

we have done so many things over time you run out of ideas :(

sandy64
26-02-2010, 02:38 PM
thanks for all the lovely ideas they are fantastic:) :)

Chell
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
The Spring section has some ideas that could be used for Mothers day:

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/spring/crafts.html

MissTinkerbell
01-03-2010, 05:36 PM
That sounds lovely but what's a "yop" bottle?

Miffy xx

Ready made milkshake - comes in choc, strawberry and banana I think.

Mollymop
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Ready made milkshake - comes in choc, strawberry and banana I think.

:thumbsup: yep - maybe I should have put small drinks bottle