PDA

View Full Version : Daily diaries - book or electronic?

andreaschildcare
25-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Hiya

Just wonders if anyone sends the diaries electronically via email? I am thinking of maybe doing this.

TIA

Ripeberry
25-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I think a book is much more personal. Maybe you could get a nice A5 sized book and still send the electronic e-mails and then put a copy into the book, so when it's completely filled, they can keep it as a keep sake. You could also add a couple of small pictures in there.
Sorry, I'm a diary freak and even when my own children were babies I used to have a diary of how many feeds they had and what they did :o

terrydoo73
25-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I use the A5 diary style - means you have the date and all ready for you. I have twin boys so I record their eating habits, nappy changing, sleeping times and any behaviour of note.

Tam's Tribe
25-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi

I do an email diary and my parents love it as I also attach any photos of the day, they say that they love seeing pics daily, seeing their children having fun and smiling which I feel is better trying to print a few and paste in a book, it also saves me money on ink cartridges)

1) it is quick and easy to do on the laptop (and much neater than trying to ready my handwriting

2) my parents felt a book would be more inconvenient as one brings, the other fetches, most of them in a rush so all prefer email version.

But I guess it is down to what is right for you and your parents.

Lovies
Tam

p.s. I could email you a copy of mine if it will help you decide, just PM me your email address

Heaven Scent
25-02-2010, 06:59 PM
I too email them my parents are happy with that I too add photos they don't have to remember to return books and can comment on them as and when they wish - some never wish :panic: :panic:

As I usually go to the same places on the same day each week and they meet up with the same children it saves me time writing the same stuff over and over again - I have a sheet for each day and just make alterations to it e.g for food, wow moments, toilet, mood etc etc etc and it helps me to do my learning journals. I save them on discs so that I can create a souviner for the parents - it really cuts down on paper & ink and I can do them in the evening once the children have left when I have time to think plus I don't have the problem of the parents not returning them for days and days.

It works well for me.

Home Grown
24-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you would mind emailing me what your electronic diary looks like? I'd like to try make my own but have no idea where to even start.

Thank you very much it's<email address removed for security, please use private message service, thank you>

Thanks
Anja

butterfly
24-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm tempted to use the email ones on nobleminder to try esp as i like to put photos in and on the pc it's easier however I reckon my particular parents will say they prefer actual books - much cheaper for me to use email though!

miffy
24-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I have one family where mum drops the child off and dad picks up so I email the diary to mum (no photos though) and she emails it back with comments. It's great as she adds so much info about what the child is doing at home. I'm now thinking of asking other parents if they would like to do this too.

Miffy xx

kellib
24-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I do mine in books but I do wonder why as parents never seem to read them and certainly don't write any comments! (I put one parents receipts in the daily dairy and they are still there up to 3 weeks later! :rolleyes:)

I'm loving the email idea though, I might offer that as a choice :):thumbsup:

guest3
24-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you would mind emailing me what your electronic diary looks like? I'd like to try make my own but have no idea where to even start.

Thank you very much it's<email address removed for security, please use private message service, thank you>

Thanks
Anja

I too would welcome anyones ideas for a template for an online diary :blush:

Helcatt
24-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I went over to the email option as I got sick to death of some parents not looking at the diary, not returning it, etc etc.

Plus also, if we are going to the same group and children are doing the same activity, I can cut and paste the bulk of the text and then alter for the relevant individual child - saves time and my hand writing is rubbish and gets worse over time, so at least it can be read this way

Plus there is the bonus of adding pictures, saving ink and paper, convenience for parents (can log in from anywhere and see, not reliant on book being in front of them at the time they remember)

Blah blah blah

Plus, I can tell easily who reads and who does not - not that I need to be told, always know which parent will not read it!