PDA

View Full Version : new polish mindee

beccas
24-02-2010, 07:47 PM
got a new mindee staring soon and he is 2 yrs old and polish he can understand english and mum says he can sing lots of english songs but doesnt speak much of it, i will be having him 6.30 till 11.30 every day early mornings:( new mindee:clapping:

wanting to know where i could get some words in polish and english from

ss1983
24-02-2010, 07:50 PM
got a new mindee staring soon and he is 2 yrs old and polish he can understand english and mum says he can sing lots of english songs but doesnt speak much of it, i will be having him 6.30 till 11.30 every day early mornings:( new mindee:clapping:

wanting to know where i could get some words in polish and english from

hi i mind a child whos mum is polish the boy is 13 months so dont talk much yet but im trying to find some polish stuf aswell

gailee
24-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hi I have 4 polish children i was given by my local council! a language pen web address www.mantralingua.com also get phrase words and reading books on the web! also a have polish words chart that i can email to you if you like :D Gailx

sarah32
24-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I have polish twins starting on monday, mum speaks some english but at home they only speak polish.

Looking for resources as well.:)

ss1983
24-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi I have 4 polish children i was given by my local council! a language pen web address www.mantralingua.com also get phrase words and reading books on the web! also a have polish words chart that i can email to you if you like :D Gailx

yes that would be kind, i need basic words

Zoomie
24-02-2010, 09:00 PM
I had a polish mindee. Left last month. Was just over two when started and spoke polish quite well (well seemed to)

Dad gave a list of polish words (with translations) and Mum (who hardly spoke any English) helped me with pronunciation.

Have attached some flash cards I made up - polish word, how to pronuouce it and english transation.

HTHs :D

tashaleee
24-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Ive had a polish child previously - they were under 2 and only spoke polish when they came. I tried words in their language and they stared at me like I was from another planet. Also the words are very hard to pronouce - or so I found :blush:

I found the best way to use my hands - to point so they could connect my words with objects - and to use sign language. We also watched Mr Tumble and they would sit there and copy the signs as well.

By the time they left about 18months later they often signed out and about to me, but would happily speak in english - and still ignored my attempts in polish :rolleyes: :laughing:

Zoomie
24-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Also just adding, that Dad gave me translations for my posters, which Ofsted luved.

And you can get a first 100 and first 1000 picture dictionaries, either from the library (my mindee was only for a few months) or search on line.