PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell parent I'm increasing fee and would you?

Tippy Toes
24-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I pick up little one from school and have her for 1hr and charge 3.50 plus 50p for fruit. Would you increase fee? This little girl is in nursery and my lil boy is in reception but they are in the same classroom until September when my lil on moves to year 1, he will then finish ten mins later than this little girl. I want to increase my fees from sept but should I? Mother can be very argumentative and begrudges paying me 3.50. Hope this makes sense. Thanks x

aly
24-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Maybe do a newsletter and mention it on there that you are increasing your fee and as your contract states{???** you are giving her more than the 4 weeks notice of change to up the fee.

Then obviously tell her this also.

sandy64
24-02-2010, 06:17 PM
tricky so how much would you increase? you could charge like an after school fee ?? which if youre only picking up is the same.but if mums gunna moan you may end up losing lo. if you do decide id write a letter saying fees are being renew from? so please make an apointment to redo contract.

haribo
24-02-2010, 06:19 PM
i charge a session fee of £10 ! so if i had one for 10 mins would still be that .

MissTinkerbell
24-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I pick up little one from school and have her for 1hr and charge 3.50 plus 50p for fruit. Would you increase fee? This little girl is in nursery and my lil boy is in reception but they are in the same classroom until September when my lil on moves to year 1, he will then finish ten mins later than this little girl. I want to increase my fees from sept but should I? Mother can be very argumentative and begrudges paying me 3.50. Hope this makes sense. Thanks x

Do you do a newsletter? If so mention that as from Septmeber there will be a slight increase in fees. Then July time back this up with a letter stating that you have found it necessary to increase you fees by xx amount and that this change will take place from 1st Sept 2010 and that you will need to redo contracts to allow for this change. Could they then make an appt to amend contracts before a certain date.

The Juggler
24-02-2010, 10:32 PM
unless you have a rate rise scheduled in your policies i.e. every April you do an increase, I would wait until at least the first annual review. But, yes if you are out of synch with local rates/after school sessions, then do it.

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 07:19 PM
i charge a session fee of £10 ! so if i had one for 10 mins would still be that .

i charge this too, although i learnt the hard way like yourself.

little chickee
26-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I have an after school session rate of £12 regardless of how long they are here. This includes a snack. If she grudges paying £3.50 she wouldnt like me!!

I have this because to take an after school child uses up one of my spaces (i'm in Scotland and all kids up to 16yo count in my numbers) so not worth my while otherwise.