PDA

View Full Version : help on mileage record

mozarella
24-02-2010, 03:48 PM
I havent recorded any mileage I have done for childminding, I know it is bad of me, but well getting the accounts ready now, is it ok if I do a sheet with the places I have been to and from ( I am looking at my diary to see where and when I have been ) and then record the distance ( looking at RAC route planner for the exact distance) and then just multiply by 40p

Moz

Tracey1
24-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I havent recorded any mileage I have done for childminding, I know it is bad of me, but well getting the accounts ready now, is it ok if I do a sheet with the places I have been to and from ( I am looking at my diary to see where and when I have been ) and then record the distance ( looking at RAC route planner for the exact distance) and then just multiply by 40p

Moz

hiya if you record each month with your travel then multiply by 40p then it will be fine

Regards Tracey

mushpea
24-02-2010, 06:20 PM
sorry to but in on your thread but if you claim the 40p milage can you still put the work done on the car through the books, ie i have had 2 new tyres and a service done and am intending to put the cost throug the books as the car is for childminding cause we have a smaller family car.

Minstrel
24-02-2010, 07:21 PM
sorry to but in on your thread but if you claim the 40p milage can you still put the work done on the car through the books, ie i have had 2 new tyres and a service done and am intending to put the cost throug the books as the car is for childminding cause we have a smaller family car.

no i'm afraid you can't. The 40p per mile covers all expenses to the car not just petrol.

Curly Quavers
24-02-2010, 07:36 PM
I use this book.

Fill it in every week and I have my total. Keeps everything in one place.

http://www.monkeyoffice.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=GH01953&gclid=CISA5ZTci6ACFYoU4wodRFJ2eA

Chatterbox Childcare
24-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I do the same as you and record where I have been and I have a separate list of what my routine journeys are - i.e. school run

As long as you can justify where you got the miles from then I cannot see a problem with this

Going forward, clock your miles!