PDA

View Full Version : Well that didnt last long!

Jelly Baby
24-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Sigh..have had a school run child for ages now..things have changed that much i honestly cant think for the life of me what i used to do to what i do now in terms of days and even the mum is confused. I now have her dd too.

The current contracted set up is:

Tue her dd, school run 3.30pm (this used to be her ds but swopped them over as he has club)
Wed her dd and ds after school at 5pm as school club

We had to juggle this lots as i am full every night after school and the only reason i do weds is the fact it is a later pick up.

So i get a call a while ago asking if i can pick the dd up at 3.30pm today..i say no due to the fact i am full and what happened to the 5pm..she says the club finished and was only lasting for 5 weeks so needs me earlier??..she then asked whether this was a permenant thing that i couldnt pick her up at 3.30pm to which i said yes as was never agreed at 3.30pm.

Thing is mum is fab..very easy going, always apologising for me getting them etc (although i do get paid!) brings me flowers and chocs etc! I was really pleased to secure them both for 2 days and now looks like she is going to do herself and ive just turned somone away.

I said i would write down what we had planned so she could see in writing (of course they could look at the contract!)..we will go from there..typical hey!

So am i in the right or am i missing something!

miffy
24-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm confused too!

It sounds like mum forgot to tell you that the club was only for a few weeks. Could you juggle things around or offer her a different night so you can still fit them in?

Miffy xx

Goatgirl
24-02-2010, 12:43 PM
If that's what you agreed, that's what you agreed! What a shame: but Mum should have said it was temporary clearly, paid at least a retainer for hours not used and made sure you'd be able to change back after the club finished!I find alot of parents do just not realise how restrictions can affect our availability for parts of the day.
During the snow in our area, some parents were really awkward about booking 'snow days' with me and I think they thought i was just trying to get oney out of them: although I usually am well under numbers, most mindees are part time and I had 9 at the time who could all have turned up expecting the whole day if I hadn't asked for pre-booking...

hope you can sort something out :)

Jelly Baby
24-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm confused too!

It sounds like mum forgot to tell you that the club was only for a few weeks. Could you juggle things around or offer her a different night so you can still fit them in?

Miffy xx

Lol i'm confused just typed it all out to make sense!! Yes mum forgot to tell me club had finsihed so thinks i could do the 3.30pm pick up which i cant as full..unfortunatly i cannot do any other night as i am full (and she only needs tue wed anyway)

Jelly Baby
24-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Florabird! yes a shame as lovely kids etc..may not come to that yet but who knows..looks likely tbh. I used to do weds after school ages ago for her dh before he did club which meant leaving poor dd at school to go home with another parent..nightmare really as felt guilty..now i have sorted the wed out we have the same prob thursdays with dd at school as one of my mums changed her days so although i could change weds if she asked for earlier i am inclined to say no..especially with the awful weather we have it's just not fair.

Thanks for the reply x