PDA

View Full Version : Planning ??????

lizzymoonshine
24-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Morning all,

Getting in a right pickle over planning! Had it all sorted in my head, did monthly planning, to a theme, and each week picked out what we would do and dated it. Then i filled in a learning journey for every activity i did for each child.

Yesterday I spoke to an early years teacher at my local sure start, who said all i really need to do is get a big diary, write my planning and observations on each page, not to work to a theme, but to plan for each child's interest and do the evaluation and next steps on that page. Apparently i'm making it to hard for myself.

Really just wondered what everyone else did, and how they set it out. Due an inspection within the next year, so i want to know really what ofsted find acceptable.

beccas
24-02-2010, 11:06 AM
do what ever is easier for you . theres no right way or wrong way dont worry i do a yearly planning with themes than plan each week and the i might do an activty on chidlrens likes as well as one activity form theme

SandCastles
24-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi lizzy - I do the same as you, it doesn't always work and I often have to repeat the adult led activities to get more photos or because they really enjoyed them, I leave lots of time for chld led activities and free play so I can observe them and then think about my next months planning.
I'm sure it will get easier the more I understand it yet ofsted was more then happy with my planning and the way I adapted it to the child's interests. Hope I have been some help.

lizzymoonshine
26-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks ladies, much appreciated :)

singlewiththree
27-02-2010, 07:30 AM
I have a big diary for daily planning to the child's interests but observations go in their learning journeys. It really does depend what works for you.

MarpleJollytots
27-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Plannng !!!!!!! Argggggg !! I get in such a tizz :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: