PDA

View Full Version : head lice!!!!

lizzymoonshine
14-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi

One of my minded children turned up this morning with a head full of eggs, didn't look to closely for the little critters.

Am I right in thinking that i cannot care for her until the nits have gone? don't see her mum so going to have to email her. Did mention it to the teacher at school who told me she had spoken to the child!!

:panic:

littlestar
14-03-2008, 05:00 PM
oh poor child i would get yourself some headlice repelint so they dont get about wot did the teacher mean she had spoken to the child how embarressing! sould she not be talking to the parent? and no i wouldnt care untill they had been treated or you will have others with the same problem

lizzymoonshine
14-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Yes the teacher had spoken to her, she's six!!!! I have only just started having her but the teacher has said its an ongoing problem! no wonder if she can't speak to her parents!

disney
14-03-2008, 05:42 PM
poor child how horrid , i think that ofsted states they you are not supposed to exclude a child with this but i have a policy that states if a child gets it & is not treated then i will exclude the child sorry cant do bugs:panic:

lizzymoonshine
14-03-2008, 07:03 PM
no me neither, been scratching my head all day, lets face it there isn't any need for it with the products on the market and i'm sorry it wasn't like these weren't noticable, mum must of seen them when she put her hair up. :(

allinatiz
14-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Poor you, I hate hate hate nits and when my 3 eldest girls were at primary school I used to get really annoyed because I'd treat them and use tea tree oil spray to try and keep them away and they'd still come back with them in the next few days!

There isn't an exclusion time for nits but I'd do what disney has suggested and introduce a new policy! :)

deeb66
14-03-2008, 07:11 PM
It is not actually stated anywhere that you cannot exclude them if they have little visitors but it is not 'polically correct' to do so.

Having said that it is my business and my choice so yes I do exclude but usually under extreme circumstances....i.e. if the parents do not treat the child or don't anything to get rid of the little blighters!

Banana
14-03-2008, 07:25 PM
i exclude until they have been treated and the eggs and lice have gone

x

lizzymoonshine
14-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks all, very much appreciated, :)

sarah707
14-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a little one who is treated constantly (I know they are doing it because they tell me the price of the lotion!) and is really prone to them. If I excluded her, she'd never be here... it's a tough one though telling other parents to check their children's hair all the time :(

disney
15-03-2008, 03:05 PM
it is a very difficult one if you know a parent is trying their best to treat the child and not having much sucsess , then it makes the desision a hard one . i only meant that i would not let the child come if the parent was clearly not treating yhe child & thats what it states in my policy . if that was the case then i would try to work with the parent the best i could :)