PDA

View Full Version : should i complain

lou lou
23-02-2010, 08:46 PM
do you think i should say something today i picked my little girl up from playschool and the first thing she said to me was that she was sore and was a little bit tearful and i could smell pooh so i realised she had a pooh in her pants she is potty trained but seems to have the odd few accidents at playschool but she never does at home any way they did offer to change her there but i said it was ok i will get her home and do it as i only live round the corner and the baby i look after was crying in the pushchair so i thought i would get her home so when i got her home i took off her pants straight away and bless her she was really sore so i dont know how long she had been sat in it so dont know if i should say anything or should i be nagging my daughter that she should let her teacher know if she needs the toilet the trouble with my daughter is she is a little bit shy i know i would never send any of my mindees home like this so i am a bit upset by this i hate sending her to playschool as it is as she allways crys when i leave her so you would hope she was being looked after properly but on the other hand i know how hard it is looking after children and some things cant be helped

beccas
23-02-2010, 08:48 PM
did they not smell it surely someone new....are they just being lazy

sarah707
23-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I would complain that is totally unacceptable :(

Hugs to your dd xx

Spangles
23-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Your poor little girl!

I think I would do both! Explain gently to your little girl about talking to someone there and also let the playschool know as well. I'm surprised they didn't notice to be honest, it must have been quite obvious as she must have been very uncomfortable if nothing else.

Yes, I would definitely talk to both.

xxx

lou lou
23-02-2010, 08:54 PM
well that is what i would of thought some one should of smelt it but they were playing outside when i picked her up but i still think she must of been in it a while for her to get so sore or they should make sure that they dont need the toilet before they go outside

bandlady
23-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Does your daughter have a keyworker at playschool because i would definitely speak to her and ask that she could maybe ensure that your daughter is asked if she needs the toilet. As you say we would not send a child home in that condition so it is not exceptable that her playschool have done this.

lou lou
23-02-2010, 09:11 PM
i think i will have to have a word as it just upsets me that she had to suffer being sore and i would never let it happen to my children i look after trouble is i am not very good at complaining and i know mistakes can happen so i dont want to be seen as a trouble maker

funfunfun
23-02-2010, 09:13 PM
I would make a complaint.......I would have changed the child.....it's unfair and unacceptable for a child to eb left like that !! ggggrrrrr

Spangles
23-02-2010, 09:14 PM
i think i will have to have a word as it just upsets me that she had to suffer being sore and i would never let it happen to my children i look after trouble is i am not very good at complaining and i know mistakes can happen so i dont want to be seen as a trouble maker

Go and try to talk to them with confidence, you are not a trouble maker and your daughter needs you to be strong with them about this. You don't need to make a fuss or anything, just say it nicely so that they are more aware of the situation.

I know where you are coming from but you won't exactly be making a 'complaint' just informing them of the situation and hopefully stopping it happening again.

xxx

Blackhorse
23-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I would take to your dd and to playschool

try to find out from your dd if she was in her dirty clothes for a long time (if possible) the reason I am saying this is that sometimes my dd will have a poo and especially if she had mandarins it will only take 2 minutes and her wee bum gets quite sore and red....
so although she might have been in the dirty clothes for a while I dont think a sore bottom alone is an indication of how long it was....

but I would talk to them and see what they say. I would never let a LO go home like this...I am always on nappy check to make sure everyone is ok...!!!

georgie456
23-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I would also have a chat with the preschool. It really is unacceptable to let her get that sore. Hope she is ok x

michellethegooner
24-02-2010, 01:40 AM
I would do both, this is not acceptable & u aren't being a trouble maker just explain to play school how sore ur dd was & could they ask her if she needs the toilet as she was very uncomfortable & sore when u picked her up.

we would never send a child home like this,

1 of my mindees who goes 2 nursery on a tues, always came to me with a sore bum on the weds but had cleared up by the following day, come the following weds she would b the same I said to mum that nursery need to be changing her more often as she is clearly not being changed enough:( , needless to say she now comes to me on a tues as well now

mama2three
24-02-2010, 08:03 AM
the preschool i worked at had open access to outdoors so it would certainly not have been an option to ask every child if they needed to go before they went outside. But im sure that they will be aware of the situation now , and i would certainly say something too , so they know your daughter may not ask to go if needed and give a few gentle reminders. Im surprised no-one smelt her if she was dirty for any length of time. Even the kids usually tell you they can smell something! I hope shes not still sore bless her.
from a parents perspective i know exactly how you feel - my middle son had an accident at lunchtime in reception class and they sent my older son ( who was only 5 or 6 ) in to help him get cleaned up - not very well of course - and then he sat in the mess all afternoon til home time. i was a bit displeased to say the least !

haribo
24-02-2010, 08:24 AM
a little girl i mind came to me because her brother had been to a nursery and he alays had a sore bum. on further investigation mum found out they only changed nappies on schedule and not when the individual child needed it :angry: so if one filled their nappy just after being changed (as they often do :rolleyes: ) they were in it till the next nappy time :panic:

cuddlybunny38
24-02-2010, 09:52 AM
a lo we had had hurt his finger and his nail was hanging off, he did have a plaster on it as we were waiting for it to fall off, any way we explained this to nursery as lo may of needed help going to the toilet they said they couldnt do anything as they werent allowed to help the children to go to the toilet. we just said well if you dont he wil have an accident. they just said its school policy stupid.