PDA

View Full Version : Scottish girls - where to advertise?

crazyhazy
23-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Just wondering where other scottish childminders find they get the best results from advertising. I've put adverts on childcare.co.uk and net mums but there don't seem to be any others in my area on either of these so thinking they aren't popular here. I'm in the process of getting flyers and business cards printed so I can advertise locally in the shops etc but just wondering if there's somewhere I've not thought of yet?

Gizmo
23-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I have advertised everywhere, childcare.co.uk, yell.com, netmums, and all my kids have came from either word of mouth or a sign I put on my gate.
I have been registered since June last year and I am now as full as I want to be, I know that I am really lucky as a lot of minders round here are struggling to fill their places

Alibali
23-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Childcare Information service, most mums round our way phone the council for the list. I think the care com pass your details on anyway.

http://www.scottishchildcare.gov.uk/LocalChis.aspx?chisid=4

Curly Quavers
07-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I also put a notice up in our local Playgroup/nursery but to be honest I think most of the business does come from the Scottish child care web site and word of mouth.

Blackhorse
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
I made a point of telling lots of people
I had adds up in local shops as well
I had a sign up on my garden fence but every friday night if I forget to bring it in it gets stolen by some drunken :angry:

childcare information services as posted above
netmums
I made a homepage too in case people search the internet

apart from one mindee who I got through toddlers all others came through the childcare info services or I got phonecalls from colleges directly asking if I had spaces.
others have contacted me directly via my homepage or also through childcare.co.uk
not had anything through netmums before but many have..

crazyhazy
07-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks, lots of ideas. So far I have adverts on net mums, yell and childcare.co.uk, I put A5 flyers up in a couple of places in town on friday and will do some more tmrw and tonight I put 2 A4 posters on my garden fence. We're right next door to a primary school so hoping they might attract some interest. Am just so nervous about the phone ringing but desperate for it to ring as well, lol!

kiantel1
31-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi there,

Does your local council not have a childcare link where people can phone the access line or check out online all childminder I am in Angus I just send revised details of vacancies etc and they then update.

Quite alot of people around here use that as the first point of contact.

hope this helps liza x