PDA

View Full Version : 51 hours - and feeling it!

mum2two
14-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, last week I started with 3 new mindees, (I'm now completely chocca!!), and my working week has shot up from about 33-35 hrs to 51 hours now... :eek: And boy am I feeling tired!! :p

I haven't had chance to get on here & catch up with posts - let alone post anything myself... But they wanted to watch Cars after school today, (agreed to on Weds), so I've got 5 kids happily sat quietly watching it, and DD in her room playing the ds!!

So glad it's Friday :jump for joy:

Kelly x

yummymummy
14-03-2008, 04:06 PM
I rememeber those good old bad old days when I used to do that! Much richer but really really tired. Good on you, but don't overdo it and try to put your feet up at the weekend! :)

sarah707
14-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Sounds like you deserve a break... hope it lasts long enough for a cuppa! :D

ruby
14-03-2008, 04:08 PM
oh - kelly you must be tired

i know we do a long week but there are two of us.

have a long soak in the bath , with a couple of glasses of wine this evening

you need a leisurely weekend now to recover and get ready for next week.

cathy

mum2two
14-03-2008, 04:34 PM
oh - kelly you must be tired

i know we do a long week but there are two of us.

have a long soak in the bath , with a couple of glasses of wine this evening

you need a leisurely weekend now to recover and get ready for next week.

cathy

Leisurley... Dh got a bike rack today, & wants to go for a bike ride tomorrow, and on Sun he's doing the 6 mile sport relief run, so I'm going to watch him & my brother do that & he very kindly volunteered me to cook a roast for them, & family, (8 in total!) in the evening.

What a lovely relaxing weekend...?!?! But I kind of finish in Weds next week. I have my friends little girl on Thurs am, but I'm going into town as I need to get some bits, so not too bad. DD, DS, and the girl I look after are going to a friends for an egg hunt after school, so tidy house! Body shop pamper party, & some wine in the evening, and then off to Devon for the long weekend on Friday!!

So roll on Next Weds night!!!

Kelly x

emler
14-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Sounds like a manic week Kelly! Enjoy your weekend and the countdown to Wednesday

Emler x

Annie_T
14-03-2008, 04:43 PM
aww hun thats lot hours ... least you get weekend to chill (dont u?)
aww cool one way to keep them quiet hehe

miffy
14-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I can see why you're looking forward to next wednesday

Hope you get a chance to put your feet up this weekend and if you cook then everyone else should do the washing up!

Miffy xx

Angela234
14-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Glad i'm not the only one feeling shattered i work 50 hours a week and every other Saturday morning have this Saturday off and we have workmen in this week doing our bathroom so having to keep kids to just 2 rooms

Have a lie in in the morning i am

Angela

Banana
14-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Oh poor you!!

I work 44 hours and im knackered with that!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and realx as much as possible

Big hugs

xxx

Clever Clogs
14-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow

Feeling sorry for you! Hope you have a semi - relaxing weekend although doesn't sound like it. Maybe being with your own family etc will make it seem a little more relaxing (but if it's anything like my daughter no way - she is on the go constantly).

Have a good break though - it's what you need and deserve!!

Tracey

Cammie Doodle
15-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh poor you I used to work those sorts of hours, but it was'nt till I cut back did I realise how shattered and run down I had become. It is so difficult getting the balance right in this job. I now work max 4 days per week, and finacially not any worse off, I have been trying to do this for years , but it could all change next week:eek:

tinkerbell_85
16-03-2008, 05:27 PM
51 hours!!! not surprised you are feeling it!

I can't imagine doing that many hours when i'm reg but it will probably sneak up on me!

enjoy your long weekend coming up xxx