PDA

View Full Version : Have a question for the Noble Minder Team?

noble76
23-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Morning

We wanted to give everyone the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the Noble Minder Package. We will be on line today to answer these for you. Although loo breaks might be needed so bare with us.

To get things started is an overview of some of the features included in the pacakge:

Organiser - which includes a calendar providing an overview of all your items you have entered on the package planning , training, policies and risk assessments reviews, etc. An overview of each child’s schedule. To-do list which you can use to keep track of items such as testing your smoke alarms, daily and weekly risk assessments checks etc. These can then be mark as completed when you have carried them out, you can then produce a log of all of these for your inspector.

Planning - includes activities, outings, weekly groups and observation and assessments planning.

Risk Assessments - including reviews, daily and weekly checks.

Training Log- record your qualifications, continuous training and further development plans.

Observation and Assessment Records- incorporates the statutory requirements of EYFS within one user friendly document that covers observation; assessment; planning and principles into practise. You can upload up to 4 photographs, record and update the children's learning and development and email the finished observation to the child's preschool, nursery and parents.

Bookkeeping -includes income, invoices, expenses and year end. The package can keep track of deposit received and redeemed, childcare vouchers and retainer fees. We are currently developing funding into this for our accredited members

Policy Writer - record when you plan to review your polices, write your required statements plus additional statements/policies you wish to have written for your setting. Compile a prospectus for your setting. Use the Noble Minder complaint log to complete the required steps when handling any complaints you may receive.

We could keep going but I think this is a good overview of the main features we can provide.

A free 14 day trial is available to all childminders. The package is then £9.95 per month. This is automatically added to your expenses each month as the Noble Minder fee is a claimable business expense.

Please ask us anything you wish to know.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you:)

RainbowMum
23-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes .... I wondered if any minders currently using your system had been inspected whilst using it & if so what the great O had to say about it?

noble76
23-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Yes .... I wondered if any minders currently using your system had been inspected whilst using it & if so what the great O had to say about it?

Hi Sharon

Yes, great question. I have replied to your question it is on the following thread:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51983

Many thanks

Lisa

Jayjay
23-02-2010, 01:15 PM
I've got a question. if someone decided to stop using your system would they be able to get their information back and use it or is it lost. thank you.

noble76
23-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I've got a question. if someone decided to stop using your system would they be able to get their information back and use it or is it lost. thank you.

Hi

Thanks for your question. Do you mean if they stop using the package and then wanted to start again? Then yes the information would still be there and you would be able to pick up were you left off.

Thank you

Lisa

Pudding Girl
23-02-2010, 07:37 PM
What happens to the info given when a CM decides to stop using Noble Minder though in light of what you said above that it would still be there, I don't like the thought of that.

sarah707
23-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi

Thanks for your question. Do you mean if they stop using the package and then wanted to start again? Then yes the information would still be there and you would be able to pick up were you left off.

Thank you

Lisa

The member means that if they leave Noble minder ... for example they cannot afford the monthly fee... then what happens to the information they have already uploaded?

Can they take it out of the Noble minder system and keep it as evidence for Ofsted etc or do they forfeit their ownership of it because they are no longer paying the monthly fee?

This will make a difference to whether the information uploaded into the Noble Minder system needs to be duplicated and kept safe by the childminder in case of not being able to use in the future.

And of course as a supplementary question if the Noble Minder system disappears through lack of customers or other reasons in the future... what then happens to all the members' information? Does it get returned to them?

Thank you. :D

Hebs
24-02-2010, 10:31 AM
BUMP cos that is an interesting question sarah :D

Adiamond
24-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Bump from me too..... I would like to know the reply to this one :) x x

nikim
24-02-2010, 12:06 PM
i have another question i am really up for joining as like most cm's i find im constantly having to work into the evening to get paperwork done , can i really see all the benifits of joining from the free 14 days? i like most, work things on a monthly basis and think it may be more inviting if it was offered at a reduced cost for say 1 month instead of free for 14 days , also after the recent headlines concerning sparklebox are all the staff etc at noble minder crb checked if yes how can we verify that? if they are having access to lots of personal information about the children in our care this is something very important .

nikim
24-02-2010, 05:38 PM
anyone??????

nikim
25-02-2010, 08:52 AM
im bumping this as i am waiting for a reply so i can join , i want to set up for next week at the beginning of the month , but need an answer to my question :)

~Chelle~
25-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I am bumping this as I would like the know the answer to the above questions.

Personally, I think that it would be much better if Noble Minder could be downloaded onto our own computer IYSWIM. This way there is no worries about what happens to information via a 3rd party as all the information that we put in would be on our own computer and not on a server somewhere. I think that they should sell it as a package rather than a monthly fee for them to store information.

I like the idea and would love to use it but will not use it as you cannot be sure where all the information goes and who gets to see it.

I know that you dont have to enter childrens names etc, but all your accounts information is on there and other personal details. I dont think that I would feel very comfortable with this information being stored on a server somewhere.

Also there is the fact that at the moment it is £9.95 per month but on there website it says that "Noble Minder reserves the right to increase its fees at any time, subject to 14 days notice via email". Not sure how much they can increase to but if you become reliant on using it then you could end up paying a lot more for it per month.

This is just my opinion, like I say I love the idea but am still not too sure about it and would like to wait and see how other people get on with it first.

noble76
25-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning Ladies

We are back with you today, please bare with us as we will answer your questions over the course of the day.

Thank you.

noble76
25-02-2010, 10:35 AM
The member means that if they leave Noble minder ... for example they cannot afford the monthly fee... then what happens to the information they have already uploaded?

Can they take it out of the Noble minder system and keep it as evidence for Ofsted etc or do they forfeit their ownership of it because they are no longer paying the monthly fee?

This will make a difference to whether the information uploaded into the Noble Minder system needs to be duplicated and kept safe by the childminder in case of not being able to use in the future.

And of course as a supplementary question if the Noble Minder system disappears through lack of customers or other reasons in the future... what then happens to all the members' information? Does it get returned to them?

Thank you. :D

Hi Sarah

Thank you for clarifing jayjay question's although to hear from them if you we have not answered it would be helpful.

In regard to your questions:

The idea behind the package is to provide childminders with an electronic business package. At this stage the package is not downloadable although everything entered by a member can be printed off and used as evidence. The observations and assessments records can be prinited and emailed.

As for us as a business well, who of thought we would see Woolworths disappear from our high streets. Noble Minder as any other business cannot guarantee it will be here in 5 or 10 years however we are running our company wisely and intend to be around long term. If the unforeseen happened we would do the right thing on behalf of our members and ensure they have everything they need from the package. We have already put a technical plan in place to cover this. So the answer is yes.

Thank you for your questions.

Lisa

noble76
25-02-2010, 11:56 AM
i have another question i am really up for joining as like most cm's i find im constantly having to work into the evening to get paperwork done , can i really see all the benifits of joining from the free 14 days? i like most, work things on a monthly basis and think it may be more inviting if it was offered at a reduced cost for say 1 month instead of free for 14 days , also after the recent headlines concerning sparklebox are all the staff etc at noble minder crb checked if yes how can we verify that? if they are having access to lots of personal information about the children in our care this is something very important .

Hi

If you could bare with us we are collating a detailed response to your question, as we are keen to provide a comprehensive answer for all.

In regard to a 14 day trial, using our Quick Start facility really helps with getting to grips with what the package has to offer in a short period.

Many Thanks

Lisa

Jayjay
25-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Thank you yes I did mean it the way Sarah said. I don't always say things right.

rachelle
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
How does confidentiality work with info stored on a server? Parents are assured that their paper based documents are not viewable by others at any time, other than OFSTED - is there the same assurance with the noble server? Also, what back up is there for server down times? And (sorry!) how often is the information on the server backed up and where are these back ups stored as obviously they will contain confidential information which is then on a server and on a back up......

noble76
26-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Thank you yes I did mean it the way Sarah said. I don't always say things right.

Great JayJay, hope that is now answered for you.

thank yo

~Chelle~
26-02-2010, 10:11 AM

Is Noble Minder STILL collating a detailed answer to this question????:laughing:

FizzysFriends
26-02-2010, 10:15 AM
How does confidentiality work with info stored on a server? Parents are assured that their paper based documents are not viewable by others at any time, other than OFSTED - is there the same assurance with the noble server? Also, what back up is there for server down times? And (sorry!) how often is the information on the server backed up and where are these back ups stored as obviously they will contain confidential information which is then on a server and on a back up......

I'd like to know this too.

loocyloo
26-02-2010, 11:39 AM
i WAS interested in this, but they don't seem to be able to answer questions!

not sure i want to commit to using a company that doesn't know its own product inside out!

~Chelle~
26-02-2010, 11:43 AM
i WAS interested in this, but they don't seem to be able to answer questions!

not sure i want to commit to using a company that doesn't know its own product inside out!

My point exactly!!!

noble76
26-02-2010, 12:27 PM

Hi Rachelle

Thank you for your question, a good one.

To protect all we have a dedicated server, this means we do not share it with anyone else.

We have been thrilled with our server. We have been using it since the beginning of May 2009 and have not experienced 1 minute of down time. The main backup is carried out once a day. For us to lose 24 hours of data the whole of Telehouse Europe would have to crash. However in the unlike event that this happened we would lose only this amount.

There are two more localised measures in place which means that no more than 1 hours worth of data would be lost, if our server experienced issues.

Our back up is held at an approved data centre with the same level of security as the main server. Please see our terms and conditions regarding this.

If our server or the Telehouse Europe crashed we have 2 fail over servers in place this would mean that we would only have a 3-5 minutes of down time while it is automatically switched over.

I would suggest you have look at the package for yourself to assess the information that can and cannot be entered on it.

Noble Minder staff who have access to the package to provide technical support comply with the 1999 Data Protection Act. We monitor activity on a daily bases to ensure there is nothing to raise concern.

I hope that answers your questions Rachelle. Please come back to me with anything else you may have.

Thank you

Lisa

mama2three
26-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Noble Minder staff who have access to the package to provide technical support comply with the 1999 Data Protection Act. We monitor activity on a daily bases to ensure there is nothing to raise concern.

If these staff have access to the package , that will include childrens details if we use the package to our full advantage. Are these staff crb checked? thankyou

noble76
26-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I am bumping this as I would like the know the answer to the above questions.

Personally, I think that it would be much better if Noble Minder could be downloaded onto our own computer IYSWIM. This way there is no worries about what happens to information via a 3rd party as all the information that we put in would be on our own computer and not on a server somewhere. I think that they should sell it as a package rather than a monthly fee for them to store information.

I like the idea and would love to use it but will not use it as you cannot be sure where all the information goes and who gets to see it.

I know that you dont have to enter childrens names etc, but all your accounts information is on there and other personal details. I dont think that I would feel very comfortable with this information being stored on a server somewhere.

Also there is the fact that at the moment it is £9.95 per month but on there website it says that "Noble Minder reserves the right to increase its fees at any time, subject to 14 days notice via email". Not sure how much they can increase to but if you become reliant on using it then you could end up paying a lot more for it per month.

This is just my opinion, like I say I love the idea but am still not too sure about it and would like to wait and see how other people get on with it first.

Hello

I am sorry I somehow have missed your post. Thank you for your question.

In answer to your questions, we have chosen to provide an online package to enable us to be responsive in providing updates and support for our members which has worked well.

To give a 14 day trial was a decision we reached to give someone serious about going through the package enough time to do this as you can carry out all tasks including generating invoices at any time.

Yes we do hold the right to increase the fees as any business does. However this would not be a wise business strategy for us to do this. Our intention is to provide the current package with its features at this rate long term. We are here to ensure all gain from this.

I have posted a response to the server questions please have a look.

Thank you

Lisa

noble76
26-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Hi

We are enjoying speaking with you on this forum, we would ask you to consider that we do not have dedicated member of staff solely for this as they are supporting our current members.

We ask that you respect this and we will endeavour to reply to your messages as soon as possible.

We are making sure our answers are as comprehensive as possible so you gain the best understanding of how we have chosen to operate here at Noble Minder.

Thank you :)
From

Hebs
26-02-2010, 12:57 PM
i am very interested in the service, but i have PM'd you some questions :thumbsup:

noble76
26-02-2010, 01:16 PM
i am very interested in the service, but i have PM'd you some questions :thumbsup:

Thank you I have replied.

Love the books are you team Edward or Jake? :)

Hebs
26-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Love the books are you team Edward or Jake? :)

:laughing:

i'm greedy so Team Cullen :D

Thanks for the reply, i'm going to have a try of the package, will let you all know my views on it soon :D

noble76
26-02-2010, 01:45 PM
During our development process from October 2008 until our launch in August 2009 we took the steps to consider and comply with any regulatory requirements that protect our members and Noble Minder Staff.

CRB Checks, although many of us have CRB checks in place on contacting the CRB they referred us to the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) as they do not handle the appropriate barred lists any longer.

On speaking with the ISA and reading the full documentation we have assessed this and it has been clarified by the ISA that we are not required to have the Vetting and Baring scheme in place for our staff as we do not have access to ‘sensitive records’ relating to children.

Organisations that are required to vet employees under this scheme are required to so if their employees have access to sensitive information relating to children and vulnerable adults. This includes health, social care or educational records. However what makes these records sensitive is if they include or are linked to the child’s name and address.

Those who have trialed the Noble Minder package extensively will be aware that that we do not link any names or address to the Observation and Assessment Records. If you chose to enter a billing name and address for your invoices this is stored on your computer and not our server. This enables us to ensure we never can have access to families’ names and address or can link records relating to specific children.

We are in regular contact with the ISA to ensure we are fully aware of any changes that may be brought in to place regarding this scheme. We are due to look at this again in June 2010 a month before any companies can actually submit an application under the vetting and baring scheme. We will assess anything new that comes into place at this time.

To read the publication relating to the Vetting and baring scheme visit the link, http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/PDF/VBS_Guidance.pdf

We are aware of the protection that surrounds childminding and rightly so.
This has been at the core of all our development to ensure at no point we leave ourselves vulnerable to any accusations against a member of our team. While ensuring we can give the best business package to our members.

We have been shocked about the conviction of the founder of Sparkle Box and feel a great sympathy for the children, thier faimillies and the staff at Sparkle Box. As I am sure every childminder can identify with when they read of another childminder convicted or barred from working with children due to their chosen behaviour. It makes our hearts sink for the children and their families but also for the reputation of childminding and businesses like ours.

These posts have thrown up an issue here that we are now concerned about and that is what type of photographs and descriptions are going to be added relating to children. We have researched this for our own satisfaction to ensure we are continually making the best decisions for all. Research shows that people who look at photo’s of children on the internet or have them stored on their computer are not interested in nor do they bother with bog standard snaps of children. They look at indecent photographs and videos of children and seek out illegal sites that provide this on demand. Hence although a lot of schools and local authorities have banned Sparkle Box it has posed no threat as this site could not provide or give access to satisfy any person with these tendencies. Which is why the police have deemed it safe.

And that is the stand we take unless we are at risk of having indecent items added to the package.

We like to operate with some form of trust. Trusting our members are good people providing a high standard of care and choosing to use a package like Noble Minder to enhance their business.

In short we are not required to be registered under this scheme. If this or anything else changes we will review it and apply once we can which is from the 26th July 2010. We are required to comply with Data Protection which we do.

Thank you

Lisa

estrelas
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
During our development process from October 2008 until our launch in August 2009 we took the steps to consider and comply with any regulatory requirements that protect our members and Noble Minder Staff.

CRB Checks, although many of us have CRB checks in place on contacting the CRB they referred us to the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) as they do not handle the appropriate barred lists any longer.

On speaking with the ISA and reading the full documentation we have assessed this and it has been clarified by the ISA that we are not required to have the Vetting and Baring scheme in place for our staff as we do not have access to ‘sensitive records’ relating to children.

Organisations that are required to vet employees under this scheme are required to so if their employees have access to sensitive information relating to children and vulnerable adults. This includes health, social care or educational records. However what makes these records sensitive is if they include or are linked to the child’s name and address.

Those who have trialed the Noble Minder package extensively will be aware that that we do not link any names or address to the Observation and Assessment Records. If you chose to enter a billing name and address for your invoices this is stored on your computer and not our server. This enables us to ensure we never can have access to families’ names and address or can link records relating to specific children.

We are in regular contact with the ISA to ensure we are fully aware of any changes that may be brought in to place regarding this scheme. We are due to look at this again in June 2010 a month before any companies can actually submit an application under the vetting and baring scheme. We will assess anything new that comes into place at this time.

To read the publication relating to the Vetting and baring scheme visit the link, http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/PDF/VBS_Guidance.pdf

We are aware of the protection that surrounds childminding and rightly so.
This has been at the core of all our development to ensure at no point we leave ourselves vulnerable to any accusations against a member of our team. While ensuring we can give the best business package to our members.

We have been shocked about the conviction of the founder of Sparkle Box and feel a great sympathy for the children, thier faimillies and the staff at Sparkle Box. As I am sure every childminder can identify with when they read of another childminder convicted or barred from working with children due to their chosen behaviour. It makes our hearts sink for the children and their families but also for the reputation of childminding and businesses like ours.

These posts have thrown up an issue here that we are now concerned about and that is what type of photographs and descriptions are going to be added relating to children. We have researched this for our own satisfaction to ensure we are continually making the best decisions for all. Research shows that people who look at photo’s of children on the internet or have them stored on their computer are not interested in nor do they bother with bog standard snaps of children. They look at indecent photographs and videos of children and seek out illegal sites that provide this on demand. Hence although a lot of schools and local authorities have banned Sparkle Box it has posed no threat as this site could not provide or give access to satisfy any person with these tendencies. Which is why the police have deemed it safe.

And that is the stand we take unless we are at risk of having indecent items added to the package.

We like to operate with some form of trust. Trusting our members are good people providing a high standard of care and choosing to use a package like Noble Minder to enhance their business.

In short we are not required to be registered under this scheme. If this or anything else changes we will review it and apply once we can which is from the 26th July 2010. We are required to comply with Data Protection which we do.

Thank you

Lisa

hmmmm not sure i agree, if i've read this right?

Hebs
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
as the victim of child abuse i agree with Lisa,

there was a programme on not that long ago that said even an innocent snap of a girl in a dress doing a cartwheel would provide some gratification in the wrong hands, yet a simple head shot was not "enough" for them

however to use nobleminder you do NOT need to add a photo :thumbsup:

Pauline
01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
hmmmm not sure i agree, if i've read this right?

What are you not sure about estrelas?

estrelas
01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
about the photos just been bog standard photos
I need to read it again later :blush: